Is it ok to have cellphones in the car?
Why do teenage drivers think it is "OK" to text and drive?
After all there is laws against it
- 10 states plus D.C. prohibit all drivers from a handheld device.
- 32 states and D.C. prohibit novice drivers from cell phone use.
- 39 states plus D.C. prohibit all drivers from text messaging.
Its unacceptable and dangerous with others in the car
- Most crashes involving 16 to 17 year old drivers are caused by speeding or driving at an unsafe speed for conditions, driving distractions.
- 48% of young adult drivers seen their parents drive while talking in the phone.
- 34% say they have texted while driving.
Who cares, everybody does it
- 52% say they have talked on the phone while driving.
- 13% of drivers ages 18-20 have talked or texted and been in a car wreck.
- 55% of young drivers clam it's easy to text and drive.