Desert Sage Newsletter - September 2022
Fall In-Person Parent Teacher Conferences
It is time to schedule your child’s fall parent/teacher conference. Below is a link to our scheduling program you will use to make your conference appointment. Conferences are being held the week of October 3 through October 7. Evening conference appointments are being provided on Wednesday, October 5. All fall conferences will be held in-person at Desert Sage in the classrooms. Once you have scheduled your conference appointment you will receive confirmation that includes the meeting room number for your specific conference date and time. Your child's report card will be given out during your scheduled parent teacher conference.
Conference appointment scheduling link: CLICK HERE
Tips for a successful parent/teacher conference:
It is important to be timely to your child’s conference as teachers will have conferences scheduled back-to-back.
Prior to the conference, write down any questions you may have about your child’s academics, behavior, classroom routines, expectations, etc.
If more time is needed at the end of the conference, ask the teacher to schedule an additional conference time.
Desert Sage Calendar
Click on the item listed for the day for more information about the event.
Picture Day October 5th!
Fall pictures are happening on Wednesday, October 5, 2022. All students will have their photo taken, even if pictures are not ordered by the family.
Picture day information and online ordering all available at www.mydorian.com. Search for Desert Sage and click on the green "Order" button associated with your picture day.
Order picture online here: http://www.mydorian.com/
You can order online now and for up to four days after our picture day.
I Spy PLC
Mark Your Calendar - Important Dates
- Monday, 9/26: No School, Fall Break Day
- Wednesday, 9/28: Last day to turn in 1st quarter work
- Wednesday, 9/28 Sonic Family Dinner Fundraiser
- Thursday, 9/29: Confucius Day
- Friday, 9/30: Regular 3:30 p.m. Dismissal
- 10/3: School Custodian Appreciation Day
- 10/3-10/4: Gecko Gold Store for Students
- 10/3-10/7: Parent Teacher Conference Week
- Wednesday, 10/5: Fall Picture Day
- Thursday, 10/6 & Friday, 10/7: Half-day 12:05 p.m. Dismissal
Sonic Family Dinner Fundraiser
Wednesday, Sep. 28th, 5-8pm
1919 West Deer Valley Road
Must show a copy of the Sonic School Flyer to be eligible for the fundraiser. Flyer copy link
AZ School Tax Credit for Desert Sage
Your school tax credit donations can provide Desert Sage students with opportunities to after school and summer programs, field trips, music and athletic programs or any other extracurricular activity.
- The Arizona tax credit program (A.R.S. 43-1089.01) allows a tax credit of up to $200 for individuals and up to $400 for married couples, filing jointly, in support of extracurricular activities.
- The tax credit reduces your tax burden to the state of Arizona, dollar for dollar.