20% Project: Stretching
Nicole Hoepner & Olivia Schroeder
Impact on us
Impact on others
Why this project?
Significance of stretching
~Assists to correct posture
~Decreases injury potential
~Relaxes the mind
~Increase blood/nutrient supply to muscles
~Reduces muscle soreness
~Helps improve flexibility
Why is flexibility important?
~Reduce muscle soreness after excercise
~Improves muscular balance
~Increases physical performance
~Reduces degeneration of your joints
~Reduces lower back pain
DID YOU KNOW?!?
2. Never bounce when stretching: warm up dynamically instead by doing body weight exercises like lunges and squats, bouncing may injury your more than helping your body
3. Stretch on both sides to keep everything balanced: many people say that one side of their body is stronger than the other because of "dominance" stretching on both sides of your body as much as possible may help to reduce this "dominant" difference.
4. Stretching is for more than just athletes: stretching can help patients with conditions such as diabetes and depression and also helps with cancer patients
5. Warm up first than stretch: jogging at a slow pace or spending a few minutes doing cardio will increase blood flow to the muscles and allow you to get more out of your stretch.
6. Stretch after you work out: stretching after exercise will help you recover faster and prevent injuries, this will allow you to keep getting stronger
This link shows a routine that can help you to become more flexible, it also gives you videos are resources to help you get the maximum stretch in
Where else can you stretch?
You can stretch in many other places than just at home, you can stretch while sitting at a desk job, while working, basically anywhere!!