Guidance Newsletter April 2021
Shawnee High School
A Note From Guidance
April 14, 11:15 AM - 12:46 PM: Senior Cap & Gown Distribution in auditorium lobby
April 14, 2:45 - 6:00 PM: Class Ring Orders taken in auditorium lobby
April 16, 10:40 - 11:10 AM: Senior Class Meeting in auditorium
April 29, 10:40 - 11:10 AM: Apollo 10th grade meeting in auditorium
Spring Testing Dates
The following list includes important upcoming test dates. Parents, please be mindful of the testing schedule and try to avoid scheduling appointments on these dates.
April 13th: ELA pt. 1
April 15th: ELA pt. 2
April 20th: Alg. & Geo.
April 22nd: Bio., Hist., Gov.
May 5th: AP Eng. Lit.
May 6th: AP US History & AP Art History
May 12th: Eng. Lang.
May. 21st: AP Spanish
May 24th: AP Calc. AB and AP Physics 1
May 25th: AP Chem.
Test Taking Tips
- Get 8-10 hours of sleep the night before a test.
- Eat a healthy breakfast in the morning the day of the test.
- Drink plenty of water; it helps calm your nerves & helps you focus.
- Don't rush the morning of a test, arrive on time to school.
- Read all directions and answer choices before picking an answer.
- Eliminate answer choices you know are incorrect.
- Pace yourself. Move on from challenging questions and go back to them later.
- If you are starting to lose focus, do a quick brain break.
- Don't leave any questions blank.
- Review your answers after completing all of the questions.
- Have a positive attitude.
Good luck to all our students on the upcoming tests. Go Indians!
Dance the night away with your friends at prom!
When: May 8th, 8:30pm-11:00pm
Where: Apollo Career Center
- Due to restricted capacity, seniors will have the first opportunity to purchase tickets
- Seniors can purchase their tickets during lunch the week of April 12-16
- Juniors can purchase their tickets the week of April 19-23
- Apollo students can purchase tickets after school with Ms. Griffo
- Tickets are $20
- No tickets will be purchased at the door
- No outside guests - Shawnee students only
The dates for the show are:
- May 21st at 7:00
- May 22nd at 2:00
- May 22nd at 7:00
- May 23rd at 2:00
Tickets are $10.00 for adults and $8.00 for students. Tickets will be available starting May 3rd. Capacity will be limited to 25% to comply with Ohio Covid-19 regulations.
College-Credit Plus (CCP)
Shawnee High School Alumni
The Princess Capers
Cupcake Wars in our Baking & Pastry Arts class with Mrs. Gronas
National Honor Society
National Medalist - Aria Davis
Senior John Briggs: Zones, State, & National Swim Qualifier
Boys Basketball Team made it to the state semi-finals
Apply for Scholarships
Mental Health & Resources
Click above to read alcohol facts and tips on how to talk to your children about alcohol use.
Crisis Hotline Numbers
Ohio CareLine: 1-800-720-9616
Crisis Text Line: Text "4hope" to 741741
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE
Youth Crisis Hotline: 1-800-448-4663
The Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386