2nd Grade Superstars!
Mrs. Swenson's Class - Week of September 28, 2015
Monday - Math 2-4 & Read 10 minutes
Tuesday - Math 2-5 & Read 10 minutes
Wednesday - Math 2-6, Spelling worksheet, & Read 10 minutes
Thursday - Math 2-7, Study spelling words & Read 10 minutes
What's New This Week?
Words of the Week List #3
cake mine plate size ate grape prize wipe race line pile rake gave bike
Challenge words: mistake while
Spelling test on Friday!
Our spelling focus this week is words with long vowels a and i. Word lists can be found on our classroom website along with a link to the website Spelling City. This website is a great resource for your child with fun spelling games and practice tests using their word list. We also visit this website frequently during our Friday computer specials. Click here to go visit the Spelling City website: http://www.crsd.org/Page/16692
* What are addends? (the numbers that are being added)
* What do you call the answer for an addition problem? (the sum)
* Can 3 digit numbers be added in any order? (yes, the sum will always be the same))
* What are some clue words that tell you to add to solve the problem? (in all, altogether)
This link will provide you with some fun practice games located on our class website: http://www.crsd.org/Page/31946
First in Math news - this fun math program arrived and your child received his/her login information which was placed with the others on the inside cover of their homework book.
This is a wonderful activity to help strengthen your child's math skills on different levels. Each Monday our new "Player of the Week" will be announced!
November Conferences Reminder
- October 26th roller skating party tickets available! Information and ordering was sent home with your child or you can visit this link for additional information: http://www.crsd.org/cms/lib5/PA01000188/Centricity/Domain/2274/Skating%20Party%20Flyer%20Oct%202015.pdf
- Please remind your child to save something in their lunchbox for snack time, we do have snack every afternoon.
- Please sign your child’s homework book each night. Thank you!
RHE Home and School Association News
Please join our RHE Home and School Association! Your membership helps to fund special events for our RHE students like awesome assemblies and field trips! You will also receive access to an online directory and discounts to Rolling Hills H&S events! http://www.rhhsa.org/store.html
Home & School Soft Pretzel Sale - Pretzel purchases can only be made by prepaying this year.The cost is $18 for the entire year. For more information and to prepay please use this link: http://www.rhhsa.org/store.html You may also pay by check made out to RHHSA.