District-wide ENews Notes
January 6, 2022
Happy New Year!
- Mon., Jan. 10 - HF-L PTA Meeting, High School, 8 p.m.
- Mon., Jan. 17 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day - No School
- Tues., Jan. 18 - Board of Education Meeting; Budget Study Session, Lima Primary Cafe., 6 p.m.
- Wed., Jan. 26 - Music Booster Club Meeting, H.S. Chorus Rm., 7 p.m.
- Thurs., Jan. 27 - HF-L PTA Meeting, High School, 8 p.m.
**NOTE: As the school year begins, please recognize that the District's online calendar will house the most accurate District and building events.
iHealth Demonstration Video
Honeoye Falls-Lima Youth Lacrosse Spring Registration is OPEN
Volunteers Needed for Chow Hut
Local Public Schools Hold Webcast with Medical & Educational Experts
ACT for Education is pleased to announce the return of its Public Schools in ACTion webcast series, which will be broadcast at noon on Thursday, December 16, on the ACT for Education website at ACTforEducation.org.
For this week’s segment, local leaders will join together for a virtual roundtable discussion on “COVID Vaccinations and Testing in Public Schools.” Panelists include Dr. Michael Mendoza, Commissioner of Public Health for Monroe County; Dr. Stephen Cook, Pediatrician from Golisano Children's Hospital, Clinical Lead for Monroe County Dept of Health, and Medicaid Medical Director at NYS Dept of Health; District Superintendent Jo Anne Antonacci, Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES; Superintendent Christopher Dailey with the Gates Chili Central School District; and Superintendent Brett Provenzano from the Fairport Central School District.
This webcast segment will focus on safety measures currently in place in schools, and address common questions regarding vaccination rates, eligibility, and recommendations for children and high school students. Panelists will also highlight frequently asked questions, such as “What is the difference between “test to stay,” “test out of quarantine,” “surveillance testing,” and “symptomatic testing?”
All webcasts in this new series are pre-recorded within 72 hours of the broadcast, then streamed on ACTforEducation.org. Though the webcast is pre-recorded, questions can be submitted to the panelists through the live chat feature during the noon livestream. The webcast is free and open to the public; no prior registration is required.
All webcasts are archived on the ACT for Education website for future viewing.
For more information about the webcast series or this initiative, please visit ACTforEducation.org.
HF-L CSD Launches New District App
Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District has launched a new mobile app that helps students, parents, and community members know what is happening on campus, right from their phones. We know that families are using smartphones as a primary means to communicate. That’s why we’ve created an app that is custom-built for mobile. On the app, you can find documents, contact information for staff, and event information.
You can download the app for free on both Google Play and the Apple App Store.
Download for Android: https://bit.ly/3DoVWki
Download for iPhone: https://apple.co/3CqCkuX
Three Main Benefits:
1) Know what’s going on at school.
Ex: Find real-time updates from the website’s live feed about stories happening inside the classroom.
2) Connect with teachers and administrators.
Ex: Learn about parent-teacher conferences, access staff contact information, and quickly find out about district news.
3) Stay up-to-date with school information.
Ex: Receive updates about events occurring on campus, required forms, and even emergency notifications.
It’s everything HF-L, in your pocket.
HF-L Partners with Paper Tutoring Service
The Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District is happy to announce its partnership with Paper, a digital tutoring service. This service is available to all HF-L students in grades 4-12 and will provide free, unlimited access to virtual tutoring sessions. These sessions are 1:1 and are available 24 hours a day. Students can access this using their ClassLink portal.
Using Paper, students get homework help, writing feedback, and study support on demand. Teachers gain insights into learning gaps. Administrators have visibility into where support is needed.
UPDATE: Paper is now offering live parent webinars. They are every 2 weeks in English and Spanish. 45 mins, parents sign up through that page and they will receive a Zoom link by email. https://pages.paper.co/webinars-for-parents-and-guardians
Mendon Public Library
Mendon Public Library is open M-Th, 9 am - 8 pm. Friday and Saturday, 9 am - 3 pm.
Upcoming Weekly Events:
- For Kids: Tuesday Story Time, 10 am, bring your toddler for stories, songs, and simple crafts
- For Adults: Alternating Wednesday Night Sit N Stich,
- Alternating Thursday Morning Knit Nook
Special Events, please register for all programs below:
- Bird Program, Sat 1/8/2022 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Digital Photo Dilemma Program, Sat 1/8/2022 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- Fireflies Mini Meet-Up, Wed 1/12/2022 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM
- Teen Trivia Night: Harry Potter & Other Questions, Wed 1/12/2022 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- You Can Draw with Yuko: Illustrator Visit and Guided Drawing for Kids!, Mon 1/17/2022 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Medicare Info Session with Excellus, Mon 1/17/2022 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Internet Security Program, Sat 1/22/2022 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM