Aprehension of Alzheimers
fear of Alz.... By Emily Isaacson
Why I chose this topic
Explanation of the disease
While disease is funtioning-whats going on in the brain?
What Part Of The Brain is Being Used/Failed?
- The cortex begins to shrivel up- damaging areas involved in thinking, planning and remembering.
- Shrinkage is especially severe in the hippocampus(hippo uses compass to remember) an area of the cortex that plays a key role in formation of new memories.
- And also ventricles that are space filled with fluids inside your brain.
Are there other theories that address ^ topic?
there are other memory disorders like Dimensia... But thats the closest to Alz.
Important Research and Experiments
Wesley J. Smith wrote an article on how a mouse was used an experimenter.
Interesting... I thnk yes
- Earliest Alzheimer's stages- changes may begin 20 years or + before DIAGNOSIS.
- Mild/ moderate Alzheimer's stages - generally last from 2 - 10 years.
- Severe Alzheimer's - may last from 1 - 5 years.
Over time, our experiences create patterns in signal type and strength. These patterns of activity explain how, at the cellular level, our brains code our thoughts, memories, skills and sense of who we are... But with Alzheimers- this doesn't send any signals-therefore having no thoughts, functions, memories, let alone even skills are lost.