Media Center Minute
Minuteman HS Library Media Center
Spring 2022 - Portfolio Edition
This Media Center Minute is dedicated to the revised 9th grade Minuteman Student Portfolio.
This past summer the Academy Development Team Portfolio & Senior Project subcommittee of Drew O'Connors (lead), Kara Gleason, Eric Marshall, Anne-Marie Merrill, and Beth Nardone worked on revisions to the Minuteman Student Portfolio, resulting in an updated portfolio manual and a new portfolio format for the Class of 2025 and beyond.
Read on to learn more about:
- 9th Grade Portfolio Trainings with Mr. O'Connors & Ms. Gleason
- The Portfolio Resource Guide on the library media center website
- Building Portfolio Web Pages with Adobe Creative Cloud Express
- A Review of Portfolio Benefits & Rationale
- Research about Student Portfolios
Student Training: Ninth Grade Portfolio & Adobe Creative Cloud Express
Using Adobe Creative Cloud Express, students learned how to log-in and create a portfolio web page. They set up home pages, a 9th grade academics page, and a career area achievements page. Each student learned how to publish and share a link to their portfolio web page, and added screen shots, links, and reflections for their English portfolio entries.
Portfolio Resource Guide
- The Portfolio Manual
- A sample student portfolio built with Adobe Creative Cloud Express
- Training / how-to web page for portfolio & Adobe Creative Cloud Express
- References to learn more about the research behind student portfolios
- A short video about the rationale and benefits of portfolios
All students sampled (100%) indicated that they agreed or strongly agreed that the Minuteman Student Portfolio training "helped me learn more about the portfolio requirements and process." Nearly 82% agreed or strongly agreed that the session "helped me learn how to use Adobe Creative Cloud to build my portfolio website." More student feedback will be solicited after the next training session.
See below for some student comments.
Building a portfolio requires organization. Recently, Mr. O'Connors set up and shared an individual Portfolio One Drive folder for all 9th graders. Students should upload portfolio materials, photos, and reflections to their One Drive folder so that they have convenient access as they build their portfolio web pages.
Ninth grade students should continue to build their portfolio web pages using Adobe Creative Cloud Express. A follow-up support session is scheduled for the week of May 2nd.