Pro-Life versus Pro-Choice
Some Facts Supporting Pro-Life
- A fetus has all the biological characteristics that any other living being possesses.
- They will develop a heartbeat at 6 weeks.
- Abortion can be emotionally harmful to women who have the procedure.
Facts Supporting the Pro-Choice Movement
- Within the 20 years before abortion was legal in the U.S. "nearly one million women went 'underground' each year for illegal operations."
- Of those one million women tens of thousands of them were severely injured or dead.
- When an abortion is performed in a clinic under the right conditions it's considered "one of the safest medical procedures in the U.S."
- There's less than a .3% chance of major complications and when it's performed in the first trimester that goes down to .05% chance.
- "Assuming that a woman cannot decide for herself if and when to bear a child demeans women."
- If a woman were to give birth to an unwanted child it could cause severe damage to the child. They aren't cared for properly, in some cases aren't loved like a child needs to be, this could even end up in abandonment--emotionally and physically damaging the child for the rest of it's life.
For unbiased information about abortion and about other resources, including financial assistance, call toll-free 1-800-772-9100
Weekdays: 7:00 A.M.-11:00 P.M. Eastern time
Saturdays and Sundays: 9:00 A.M.-9:00 P.M.
For referrals to quality abortion providers call 1-877-257-0012 (no funding assistance provided on this line).
Weekdays: 9:00 A.M. – 9:00 P.M.
Saturday: 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.