RRMS Library, Jan. 2015
Short but Sweet.
- 21 English classes came for checkout! These were primarily for upcoming Nonfiction and Outside Reading Projects. Some teachers, including Mrs. Simmons & Mrs. Wetzel, planned time for students to conduct book pass activities to determine what interested them. (see below for photos!)
- 35 classes from many different subjects made use of our computers, including Math, PE, and English. While some were individual assignments, many involved students working together on assignments. It was great to see the flurry of activity with students learning from each other!
- Ms. Grover conducted nonfiction booktalks with Mrs. Bartling's and Mrs. Madden's classes in order to get students interested in unusual topics to study for an upcoming project. Many students made use of these talks and checked out books of their choice.
- We're updating the nonfiction section of the library! About 15 paper boxes of outdated books were discarded from our collection. We are preparing the way for the new books we have ordered on the same topics that are more current and accessible for our students.
- The day before the blizzard, we received over 100 new books, including 15 new graphic novels! We are working on processing them so they will be available in the next week or so. Many more will be arriving soon!
Rocky Run's Battle of the Books Team!
Latin in the Library!
Mrs. Knight checks on students using their textbook, trade books, and their own ideas
Students contribute their ideas to a question about Roman graffiti
Students think and share about Roman graffiti's impact on today's society