Cardinal Heights Band - Welcome!
Newsletter #1 - 8.27.2020
Meet Your Band Teachers
Mr. Melrose and Mrs. Diallo are the band teachers at Cardinal Heights. We are really excited to be working with the Cardinal Heights students this year! Mr. Melrose will be the main teacher for 9th Graders and Wind Ensemble students. Mrs. Diallo will be the main teacher for 8th Graders.
Please complete this google form
School Materials Pick up information
Next week, there will be pick up times for general school materials. Please pick up materials for both 1st & 2nd quarter.
IF YOU HAVE AN INSTRUMENT THAT IS NEED OF REPAIR, please:
- Let us know via email or phone so we can be ready for you
- Drop it off at your assigned time so that we can either send it in for repair (or exchange it for a working instrument if you are using a school instrument).
*Updated info below, changed on 8/27 @ 1:30pmWednesday, Sept 2
8 AM - Noon: Last Names A - G
Noon - 4 PM: Last Names, H - M
Thursday, Sept 3
8 AM - Noon: Last Names N - T
Noon - 4 PM: Last Names U - Z
Friday, Sept 4
8 AM - Noon: For those who can't attend Wednesday/Thursday. *Limited staffing, longer wait times possible.
Band materials pick up information
- Wednesday 9/9, 1 - 3pm @ Door #22 (in back)
- Thursday 9/10, 4 - 7pm @ Door #22 (in back)
Instruments, Music, Supplies, & Repair (quick fix or switches) are available for all students enrolled in Band or Orchestra. Students & Families should plan on attending one of these pick-up options.*Please let us know if these general times will not work and we can work on more options. We'll be in touch - thank you!
Ordering Supplies from Ward Brodt
More about this year
Some of the possibilities for this year:
- Live & Connected music making experiences (lesson & full group)
- Guest Artists & Clinicians
- Mentoring beginning band students
- Connecting with our High School Band students
- Learning about more music & cultures
- Weekly Small Group Lessons
- ...and of course improving the foundations of playing our instrument!
- What are your ideas!!!
In the meantime, don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have questions.
Mr. Melrose (email@example.com or 608-318-8134)
Mrs. Diallo (firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-318-8137)