Stilwell Monday Message
Student and Family Communication
TOMORROW is a BLACK Day!
Good Morning Stilwell
There are some upcoming ParentQuest Classes that may be great opportunities for your family. This includes focuses on Executive Functioning, Mental Health Matters, and Power Struggle Escape Hatch. For more information and to sign up, please CLICK HERE.
Next Wednesday, March 2, 2022, our students will make their last transition to the final wheel elective course. Please make sure you have all necessary learning turned in to your teacher.
Important Upcoming Dates
- 2/21 - NO SCHOOL - Conferences
- 2/22 - WDM Jazz Festival at PAC: 5:30 pm
Erica Whittle - Principal
Science Bowl Team
- Mr. Bacehowski - Coach
- Mrs. Urban - Coach
- Peter LeMasters
- Owen Borgstadt
- Loren Weber
- Henry Fergus
- Landen Checn
Stiwell Tigers of the Month - January
- Marley McMahon & Aiden Schulz - T Team
- Asia Jackson & Tha Ceu - I Team
- Landon Stull & Iye Ohounte - G Team
- Josue Ingledue Hernandez & Lilly Koech - E Team
- Joe Alexander & Madieha Alwan - R Ream
- Dylan Lepert & Lyla Davis - S Team
Congratulations to all the winners of Tiger of the Month! If your name was called, you have received a gift card to a restaurant that can be collected at Ms.Arteaga’s room (2103)! Please head there now or right after school!"
Black History Month 2022: Engage with History
WDMCS invites our community to engage with history and celebrate Black History Month with us by submitting a short video about a Black/African American historical figure who is important to you. Videos can be recorded by students, staff, families, classes, teams, clubs, and more!
To submit your video:
- Record a video up to 60 seconds long.
- Introduce yourself or your group.
- Share your historical figure and what makes them important to you.
- Complete our online form and upload your video.
- Watch for your video to be released during Black History Month!
Valley High School's International Night
For more information please CLICK HERE to view the event brochure.
Student Trip to Ecuado
21-22 Yearbook Orders
Please visit pay school fees (go to Items at Students school) in order to order and pay for a 21-22 Stilwell Yearbook.
This week students from Valley will be joining us during our meeting today, February 7th.
What: Meet to socialize, discuss, advocate, and learn
When: Every other Monday; 2:45-3:30 - January 10th
Where: Room 2012
Why: Make some new friends, meet new people, learn something new, advocate for the LGBTQIA+ community.
COVID Recovery Iowa
Greetings from COVID Recovery Iowa.
We are all very aware of the impact the pandemic has had on everyone…but today we want to focus on teens. We know the pandemic has caused elevations in their levels of anxiety, depression, and stress. We believe we can help with this. COVID Recovery Iowa is hosting an 8-week Teen Support Group series that started on Monday, January 10th. The meetings will be held from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. each Monday. These meetings are free and completely confidential. This service is available to all teens across the state of Iowa. It is not too late to join!
Stilwell Winter Warmth Donations - a message from Student Council
All donations will go to local homeless shelters and non-profits.
Please feel free to add these items to our donation bin located in the Stilwell front parking lot.
Drop Off & Pick-Up Protocol
We understand our parking lot drop-off and pick-up process can be time-consuming. However, we need all families to follow the procedures to ensure our students are safe. Please remember these guidelines:
- Do not use the back parking lot and blacktop in the back of the building.
- Do not use the local business as a place to pick up your child.
- Do not drop off your student or stop for any reason along Vine Street or Grand Avenue.
- Do not pull into the bus lanes along Vine Street.
- Do not allow your student to exit the vehicle until you have pulled up to the curb in the parking lot.
- Please drive slowly through the parking lot.