Mrs. Finch's Class News
Vol. 1, Issue 24
Week of April 4th-8th, 2016
Noelle's name was drawn at AFV for growth in Xtra Math
Box Top Winners
Enjoying our ice cream party for collecting the most box tops (746).
Working hard on Istation.
Target Skill: Fact and Opinion
Reading Strategy: Questioning
Vocabulary Strategy: Synonyms
Phonics: Words with oo
Math: Addition/Subtraction of Whole Numbers up to 1,200
Economic Choices and Decisions
Environmental Factors: Temperature, Precipitation, and Changes in Daylight
Weatherford ISD will be conducting GT testing for nominated students in grades 1-6 beginning April 18th. Nominations are due April 8th. Forms may be obtained from your campus office and returned to your campus GT Specialist through the school office.
The following are district guidelines concerning GT identification:
- Students may be nominated for the gifted and talented program by teachers, counselors, parents, or other interested persons.
- A selection committee shall evaluate each nominated student according to the established criteria and shall select those students for whom gifted program placement is the most appropriate educational setting.
- Assessment tools may include but not be limited to the following: achievement tests, intelligence tests, creativity tests, behavioral checklists completed by teachers, and student work products.
- Nominated students shall be assessed once during the spring semester.
- Students who do not qualify may not test again until two years have passed (ex: a 1st grade tester who did not qualify may not test again until 3rd grade.)
- Parents and students shall be notified in writing upon selection of the student for the gifted program.
Weekly Spelling Words
Words with oo
Review words: look, good
Challenge words: crooked, bookcase
Tuesday--ABC Order (10 words)
Wednesday--Vowels/Consonants (same words as ABC order)
Thursday--5 Spelling Sentences or a Spelling Story