Friday 14th February
- We are really proud of the children in Willow class who organised their own pizzeria yesterday. They formed a team of chefs preparing and making pizzas, wrote menus, took orders from parents and served their food. It was a wonderful team effort and we were pleased that so many parents were able to come in and enjoy the experience.
- You may have seen news headlines recently indicating that the way that Ofsted inspects schools is now very different. We do not expect an inspection for another year, and when it arrives we are confident that we will be able to demonstrate that our children receive a great offer at Saxton School. The new framework is very focused upon the depth and breadth of the curriculum and teachers are working very hard with colleagues across the federation and the multi-academy trust to strengthen our curriculum offer even further.
This weeks reminders:
- First week back after half term we will be on WEEK 1 of the lunch menu. If you re-submit lunch choices please let me know via email so i can ensure my records are updated.
- As always can I ask you to check ParentPay accounts regularly to ensure these are kept in credit. The costs for dinners next half term will be £11.50 per week or £69 until Easter.
- The system is now open to book your child's Learning Reviews (previously named parents evening) which will take place w/c 2nd March. If you have an issues accessing this please let me know. Link to access: https://saxtoncofe.parentseveningsystem.co.uk/
- School will re-open to the children on Monday 24th February.
Have a lovely break.
Rainbow & Value Awards
- Ruby Wilton - for making the most wonderful pizza for our Willow Pizzeria - a chef of the future - Mrs Blades
- Oscar Finn - for having such a positive mindset and for being so determined to do well in the 'Spelling Bee'. I'm so pleased that your hard work got you the outcome you aimed for - Well Done!! - Mr Rich
- Ivy Hawkins - for going the extra mile with your learning this week. You have worked so hard to meet your targets in class and you've put so much work in outside of school too!! - Mr Rich
Values Awards this week:
- Ava Batley - Community Award - thank you Ava for looking after the classroom - you always tidy up well and make sure things are put away in the right place. - Mrs Blades
- Nathan Forshaw - Respect Award - for a magnificent 'turn around'. You have been so kind, thoughtful and have displayed lovely manners. Thank you - keep it up!! - Mrs Blades
- Ned Fielden - Respect Award - you have lovely manners, and you have been using them. You are being a good role model for the younger children in the class. - Mrs Blades
- Harry Connell - Compassion Award - for offering advice and support to your friends and classmates this week - Mr Rich
- Juliet Horne - Compassion Award - for being extremely helpful at lunchtimes - Mr Weights
WELL DONE TO EVERYONE!!
The year 1 & 2 girls and boys worked very hard in pairs to create symmetrical patterns!! They all knew that something is symmetrical when its the same on both sides.. there are a few pictures below of some of the amazing patterns they created..
Health & Safety
- The bottom gate outside the Willow class with be locked on an evening at 3.40pm. This is to ensure the security of those children who may still be on site (after school clubs). If you are on site after this time you would need to leave via the main gate.
- The pathway down the side of school which leads from the main playground to the Willow play area is now going to be a walking zone. Signs have been put up this week and children were reminded of this in assembly on Tuesday. We would welcome your support with reminding children they should walk when in this area.
We thank you in advance for your continued support.
The Saxton Team
World Book Day - Thursday 5th March
Please see pictures below for ideas...
Details of events and school activities. This is also accessible through the school website.