Maadaadizi Program Weekly Update
Week of December 4, 2015
Elder Visit and Tobacco Tying Event for Highland Park High School Students
Free Winter Wear Gift Cards
College Summer Program - Apply for FREE!
Don't worry about the cost. SPPS Indian Education will pay for the $120 fee/deposit. Your program application will assist you to request a scholarship to pay for to other costs of the program (airfare and tuition).
If you are interested in applying for this summer experience, please contact Kerrie. She will assist you with all of the details. The deadline to apply is February 1, 2016. Want more information? Click here.
Seniors - Important Information for College and Financial Aid
After winter break Kerrie will be meeting with seniors on financial aid and potential scholarship opportunities. This will include the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The first time seniors can complete the FAFSA starts on January 1, 2016. Any family can access the FAFSA4caster, which will show families an estimate of how much they can expect to receive from the Federal Government.
Kerrie's Schedule for December 7-11
- Monday- Meetings at the Indian Education Office.
- Tuesday- Harding High School (room 1352)
- Wednesday-Como Park High School (room 1433A)
- Thursday- Highland Park (room 1111)
- Friday-No School -Harding High School (room 1352)
School Counselor Visits to High Schools
- St. Paul Public Library's Homework Rescue (online)
- St. Paul Public Library's Homework Centers (at each library)
- High School onsite tutoring-students should check with their high school's main office for more information.
- The Mid-Continent Oceanographic Institute (tutoring in the St. Paul community)
- Neighborhood House Program Tutoring (tutoring in the St. Paul community)
- Good Neighbor Center Tutoring Program (tutoring in the St. Paul community)
American Indian Scholarship Updates
Deadlines for Scholarship Opportunties:
Ongoing: Sign up for the American Indian Graduate Center's e-newsletter for updated American Indian scholarship opportunities. Click here to register for the newsletter.
January 13, 2016: The Gates Millennium Scholars Program
Volunteering & Service Opportunities
- Be a Talking Circle leader afterschool at Harding High School. Contact Kerrie for more information.
- Be a guest writer/contributor to this e-newsletter. Contact Kerrie with your ideas.