Week 7 Edition of the Mayfield Messenger
Message from Dr. Frischkorn
Good Evening Mayfield Intermediate School students and families!
I'm so proud of our families here at Mayfield. This year we have committed to increasing the number of parental accounts for our Parent Portal. 395 6th-grade families have an account set up; in 5th grade, we have 431 families.
Having a Parent Portal account gives parents a clearer understanding of how their child is doing in school. Attendance, grades, and completed assignments can all be monitored and tracked through the Parent Portal account.
If you need support setting up your Parent Portal account, please get in touch with our school's newest staff member, Mrs. Victoria Diaz. Mrs. Diaz is our school's Family Liaison and will be working to help support and engage our families in the Mayfield community.
Dr. Donald Frischkorn
Introducing our Family Liaison, Mrs. Victoria Diaz
Mayfield Intermediate School is fortunate to have welcomed our new Family Liaison, Victoria Diaz. Mrs. Diaz began her work with our Mayfield Intermediate School community on Monday, September 26.
Here is a list of just some of the ways that Mrs. Diaz will be able to support our families:
- Provides the connection between parents, community, and school staff to support student achievement and facilitate communications.
- Provides information about MCPS and the school.
- Directs families to appropriate MCPS and community resources for information and resolution of concerns. Connects families with human services.
- Develops and coordinates programs to engage families and the community in students’ education and school programs.
- Plans, schedules, organizes, and participates in delivering a variety of school/community outreach programs, including one-on-one consultations, small meetings, presentations, conferences, and workshops for families and staff members.
- Schedules and manages some parent activities and programs; participates in community and civic activities to maintain visibility and credibility in the community.
- Serves as home/school contact for teachers and administrators to ensure information is communicated in a timely fashion.
- Keeps records and responds to personal, phone, and e-mail inquiries.