October 30, 2020
HAPPY HALLOWEEN FROM TAMANEND
This year's Halloween Costume Contest is taking place on Tuesday, October 27 AND Friday, October 30. Online students participated by submitting a photo of themselves in costume. We will be judging costumes on the following categories: Funniest, Best TV/Movie Character, Most Original, Best Group Costume*, Best Decorated Face Mask**, Most Athletic, and Most Elegant. Winners will be announced on Friday, 10/30.
CALENDAR ITEMS TO NOTE
Halloween Costume Contest--Tuesday, October 27 and Friday, October 30
Tamanend Corona Cabaret--Thursday, November 5 at 7:00 via Teams. Click here for more information.
Election Day will be 100% Virtual Learning Day--Tuesday, November 3
End of 1st Marking Period--Tuesday, November 10
Veteran's Day Presentation--Wednesday, November 11
Tamanend Parent Book Club--Thursday, November 12 at 6:30 PM via Teams. Click here for link.
Parent Council--Thursday, November 19 at 9:00 AM via Teams. Click here for link.
MBIT (Middle Bucks Institute of Technology) Open House--Thursday, November 19 at 6:00 (link to be posted at www.mbit.org
Tamanend Student Picture Day--Tuesday, December 8 (Hybrid 1) and Friday, December 11 (Hybrid 2) or any time by appointment by calling 215-345-1851 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- REMINDER: Winter sports--GIRLS BASKETBALL, WRESTLING--will begin in mid-November. (Boys Basketball will begin in January.) Details about the upcoming Winter season will be provided over the next few weeks. If you are interested in participating, there are several specific items (PIAA physical, Family ID, and concussion testing) that need to be completed prior to the start of the Winter sports season. Those items are outlined and explained on the Tamanend Athletics web page which can be found HERE. Family ID will open for registration on October 25th.
- Students interested in wrestling are invited to watch the team’s 2020-2021 Promotional Video
- REMINDER: Please keep in mind that students must go home at the end of the school day. It is the responsibility of the student-athlete and parent/guardian to coordinate transportation back to school on days of practices/games, as well as for away games.
- REMINDER: With games underway, it is important to understand and follow the district’s policy on spectators:
- Student-athletes received two (2) athletic game passes per family. Those passes must be carried at all times. Anyone who cannot produce a game pass will be asked to leave campus.
- Passes are valid for home and away games due to all 7th and 8th Grade games being played within Central Bucks School District.
- All spectators must wear face coverings and maintain social distancing.
- REMINDER: Attendance at any event is subject to appropriate behavior and adherence to CBSD athletic and districtwide health and safety plans. Anyone who refuses to adhere to guidelines will be asked to leave campus.
FROM CB SOUTH:
- Family ID is now open for CB South Winter sports. If you are interested in playing a Winter sport, you must register on Family ID by November 1st. Visit the CB South Athletics web page for more details.
- If you are interested in Winter Track & Field, contact Coach Gable, email@example.com, for info. The deadline to join is Friday Nov. 13th.
- 8th Grade Field Hockey: Post-Season Tournament Semi-finals at CB West’s War Memorial Field vs. Unami (3:15)
- Girls Tennis: Champs at CB West (Away; 1:15)
- Boys Tennis: Champs at CB East (Away; 1:15)
- 8th Grade Field Hockey: Post-Season Tournament Championship at CB South’s Stadium (3:15) **if qualifying**
- Girls Tennis: Champs at CB West (Away; 1:15)
- Boys Tennis: Champs at CB East (Away; 1:15)
- 7th Grade Football @ Lenape (Away; 3:15)
- 8th Grade Football vs. Unami @ CB South’s Stadium (Away; 3:15)
- No contests
- No Contests
COVID-19 Screenings for 7th & 8th Grade Athletes
Thank You for Supporting the Tamanend Pink Out
Freshman Baby Pictures for 2020-2021 Yearbook
Reminder--Order Your Tamanend Yearbook
It’s a great time to order your child’s 2020-2021 Tamanend Yearbook! If you order online prior to January 31, 2021 the cost of the full-color, hardback yearbook is on sale for $35 (plus tax). This is also the deadline if you’d like to add any additional personalization to your child’s yearbook. The price of the yearbook will increase to $37.50 from February 1st-March 31st, and finally to $40 for any yearbooks ordered up until April 30th. Please click the link here to take you to Jostens online ordering page. No preorders will be accepted in school – all orders must be done through Jostens. If you have any questions, please email Kristen Gerth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tamanend Student Picture Days
Tamanend Student Picture Days are scheduled for Tuesday, December 8th (for Hybrid 1 students) and Friday, December 11th (for Hybrid 2 students). Parents/guardians of 100% online students can call C&C Studios at 215-345-1851 or email email@example.com to schedule their appointment. Once your appointment has been made, we will email you the paperwork (Picture Order Form and Covid-19 Consent Form) needed to be filled out brought in at the time of your appointment. Please note that parent(s)/guardian(s) of Hybrid students may also make an appointment to have their child's picture taken at the studio if they don't wish to wait until the in-person dates in December.
Should you wish to make an appointment for any other children that may attend high school or elementary school please feel free to do so. All scheduled appointments will be given ample time to provide the utmost customer service and the time allotted will be based on the number of students per family being photographed.
Please note that in studio appointments will not be available for purchase online.
All questions will be answered directly by C&C Studios at 215-345-1851 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For a copy of our Covid-19 Safety Protocol, please email us at the above email address and we send you one.
Reminder--Tamanend Apparel Available For Purchase
If you're looking for some new Tamanend gear and apparel, Tamanend’s online store is open! Click here to visit the site. The site is now live and will close Tuesday, November 3rd at Midnight. Estimated delivery is 11/24/20. There are two shipping options to choose, bulk delivery to the school and ship to home option. A portion of all sales will go to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). If there are any questions about ordering from our online store with Kampus Klothes, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder--Help Us Honor Veterans in Our Community
Reminder--Tamanend Parent Book Club
Reminder--Mock Trial Team for 9th Graders
Do you want to improve your speaking and analysis skills? Do you like exploring legal issues of everyday events? Or, just want to spend some time hanging out with Mr. Sterner and Mr. Heisey? We are pleased to offer the Mock Trial Club at Tamamend for any interested 9th graders. It’s a great way to learn about the legal profession and debate your way through an actual case as either a lawyer or a witness, as well as build your skills for future participation and competition at CB South. Please e-mail Mr. Heisey (email@example.com) or Mr. Sterner (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested. Thank you!
Reminder--Tamanend Today Club
While we can’t currently run Tamanend Today, our live weekly TV show, we are still seeking interested students who enjoy broadcast media and video production. We have some ideas for production until we can go live again, and we would like your ideas for when we can go live. Until then, join us and be a part of producing meaningful, pre-recorded broadcasts and features. If media production is your thing, please reach out via e-mail to Mr. Sterner (email@example.com) or Mr. Landis (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be part of our Tamanend Today Club! Thank you!
Reminder--Roaring Voices Review (Tamanend's Literary Magazine)
Do you like having an impactful voice through writing, art, and/or photography? Then please join us as part of Roaring Voices Review, Tamanend’s own literary magazine. Please let Mrs. Mancini (email@example.com) or Mr. Sterner (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you are interested via e-mail, and we will alert you to our first meeting. Thank you!
QUOTES AROUND TAMANEND
HELPFUL REMINDERS ABOUT TAMANEND PROCEDURES
Teachers will be taking attendance every class period during hybrid learning. If your child is unable to participate in hybrid learning during all or part of the day due to illness or medical appointment, please report your child's absence in any of the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone (Attendance hotline): 267-893-2920
Please note for Hybrid students: If your child is participating online from home due to illness on a day he or she is scheduled to be in the building, please contact Attendance. Your child will receive Attendance credit for participating online that day if he/she is logging on to Teams calls and participating in classes.
Screening and Self-Reporting
- isolation restrictions dictated by the Bucks County Department of Health are lifted, AND
- 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared, OR if asymptomatic, 10 days since the date of their positive test, AND
- once they are fever-free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication
The individual will need to report directly to the health suite upon returning to school to be evaluated by the school nurse. A"flowchart," found below, has been prepared to help families determine when to send their child to school.
What to Do If Your Child Is Sick
Reminder--Please Update Emergency & Census Information in Parent Portal
The online form will ask you to confirm and/or update the following:
- Demographic Information
- Emergency Contacts
- Health Information, including permission for emergency care and analgesic administration
- Media Release Preferences
If you do not have a Parent Portal account, please follow this link to request one. If you need help with your Parent Portal account, please contact your child’s school for assistance.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to update this important information!
Reminder--AM and PM Traffic Flow
Please help us to control the flow of traffic for car riders during drop-off and pick-up. If possible, please consider entering the Tamanend parking lot from the Kelly Road side of the property. If you are coming from Bristol Road, please drive past the school and make a safe u-turn farther down Stuckert Road. Then, form a single-file line on the shoulder so that you will be making a right turn into the parking lot. Trying to make a left turn can back up traffic and can delay buses and dismissal. Although the line may look long, everyone clears out safely by 1:25pm. Thanks for your help!
FROM OUR GUIDANCE OFFICE
MBIT (Middle Bucks Institute of Technology) Open House
FROM OUR LIBRARY
Reminder--Tamanend Library is Here for All Your Reading Needs!
All students have full access to all books in the Tamanend Library and to SORA, our digital collection. If you would like to check out a book, please watch the following videos in your Library Canvas Course to see how to access both physical and digital books. Books will be delivered to classrooms for Hybrid students and Online students can pick their books up in the front lobby of Tamanend!
FROM OUR INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
Reminder--9th-12th Grade Student Technology Toolkit
FROM OUR HEALTH OFFICE
The current immunization requirements for the 2020-2021 school year are as follows:
Children in kindergarten through 12th grade are required to have the following vaccines:
· 4 doses DtaP – diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis (one dose must be on or after the 4th birthday)
· 4 doses Polio (one dose must be on or after the 4th birthday)
· 2 doses MMR – measles, mumps, rubella
· 3 doses Hepatitis B
· 2 doses Varicella (chicken pox)
Children entering 7th grade are also required to have:
· 1 dose Meningococcal Conjugate (meningitis)
· 1 dose Tdap – tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis
To check the immunization status of your student, go to the Portal and click on the Health tab.
Please email proof of new vaccinations to our certified school nurse, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to us at 1492 Stuckert Rd. Warrington, PA 18976
FROM OUR CAFETERIA
Reminder--Breakfast and Lunch Available for Free to All Students
The Central Bucks School District and Aramark are committed to providing every student with the tools they need to succeed, including nutritious meals they can enjoy at no charge. No applications are needed! Breakfast bags will be available for daily grab and go pick up in the morning in the Cafeteria. Grab a breakfast bag and start your day off by fueling your body or hold onto it and enjoy at the designated snack period. Lunch will be available to grab and go at dismissal from the Cafeteria. On Tuesdays and on Fridays, students may take home Breakfast and Lunches for the three school days they are learning online from home. Parents can also pick up breakfast and lunch meals for students on Mondays and Thursdays from 10:30-12:00 at one of three locations:
CB West Visitor Entrance
CB South Gymnasium Entrance
CB East Main Office Entrance
Reminder--Free & Reduced Lunch/Breakfast Application
RESOURCES AND ASSISTANCE
Help with Resources
If you are experiencing a financial hardship, please know that the staff members listed below can help you and your family. We can provide assistance with food, clothing, field trips, student fees, internet access, and other issues. Please don't hesitate to contact us:
Brian Caughie, Principal email@example.com
Kyle Dudley, Assistant Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Lauren Myrtetus, Certified School Nurse email@example.com
Jeff Klein, Guidance Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandy Cammann, Guidance Counselor email@example.com
Reminder--Coats for Our Kids
Reminder--FEAST--Feeding Everyone at Special Times
Reminder--Grandfamilies Support Group
GETTING INVOLVED AND STAYING CONNECTED WITH TAMANEND
TMS Parent Council
Thursday, Nov. 19th, 9am
This is an online event.
Ways to Stay Connected with Tamanend
Here is a list of ways Tamanend communicates with students, families, and the community:
- Tamanend website: includes important information, resources, calendar of school events, and daily announcements
- Calendar of school events (posted on our website)
- Daily announcements (scrolling on TV screens during school day and posted on our website)
- TV show (weekly, during Advisory period)
- Email blasts from Tamanend administration regarding important news, new procedures, and reminders
- Parent Portal: student information, grades, and attendance
- Tamanend Connections newsletter: useful information, important reminders, and school highlights emailed weekly during school year and posted on Tamanend website
- Twitter: @CBTamanendMS highlights of activities, events, and daily life at Tamanend
- CBSD app: highlights of activities, events, and daily life in Central Bucks
Para nuestras familias hispanohablantes...
¡Bienvenidos a Tamanend! Yo soy Brian Caughie, Director de Tamanend Middle School. Soy hispanohablante. Pasé mucho de mi vida en España. Estoy aquí para apoyarles a todos los estudiantes y familias en Tamanend. Favor de llamarme or escribirme (en inglés o en español) si Ud. tiene cualquier duda o pregunta.
Correo electrónico: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oficina: (267) 893-2900