LHS Weekly Update
November 5 - November 10
Good Evening, Leonardtown Raiders!
College and Career Center
The ASVAB will be given on November 9th and is open to juniors and seniors. Please see Mrs. Hazlegrove in the career center to sign up.
The following Colleges will be visiting this week in the Career Center during lunch:
- Monday: University of Connecticut & Frostburg State University
- Wednesday: Mount St. Mary's University
APEX Quarter Recovery Marking Period 1
- APEX Quarter Recovery will start Monday, November 26th, 2018. Students must be eligible with a 45-59% in their failing course.
- Students will participate in APEX Quarter Recovery during their lunch period (either A or B lunch, daily until they are done or the time has ended).
- Participation during the school day is mandatory, and if a student misses two sessions, the student may be removed from the program.
- Students MUST return the completed application to Mrs. Abell in Guidance no later than Tuesday, November, 20th.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Marino at email@example.com, Mr. Readyhough at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mrs. Schrader at email@example.com.
- Students will attend APEX QR during A or B Lunch from Monday, November 26th - Friday, December 21, 2018.
- Family ID registration for 2018-2019 winter sports is now open.
- Athletes must be registered on Family ID to participate in winter sports at LHS.
- To participate in conditioning and tryout for a winter sport, athletes must be registered for their winter sport, have a current physical (Physicals are current for 1 calendar year), and have at least a 2.0 GPA for the most current marking period.
- All athletes are required to attend all tryouts and practices.
- Family ID registration closes at 11:55 p.m. on November 13, 2018.
- Pre-season team meetings will take place on November 8, 2018 starting at 7:00 p.m. Athletes, and at least 1 parent, should attend the team pre-season meeting.
- Meeting rooms will be posted on the main entrance doors.
- Leonardtown High School will be administering the SAT to all 11th grade students this spring during the normal school day.
- The SAT will take place on Wednesday, March 27th during periods 1-5 at Leonardtown High School.
- There is no cost to students for this amazing opportunity and all 11th grade students are encouraged to participate.
- Please click here to review the SAT presentation to learn more about the free resources that students can use to prepare for this very important test.
- If you have questions about this specific SAT testing opportunity, please contact Mr. Graham Coombs - Assistant Principal.
From the Counselor's Office...
Want SAT Prep? Step 1: Go to satpractice.org, create an account on Khan Academy or sign into your existing account. Step 2: Link your accounts when prompted (Khan Academy and College Board). Step 3: Log in to your College Board account, and hit "Send" to get a personalized practice plan - and start practicing.
November 2, 2018 marks the end of the first quarter and you can view your report on November 14th. Monday, November 5th starts the second quarter!-
College & Scholarships. We know this is a busy and stressful time of year for seniors who are applying for college or post secondary schooling. Please come visit your counselor or Mrs. Hazelgrove in the Career Center for questions regarding college applications, available scholarships or the FASFA.
Throughout the year, Guidance will send announcements and updates via Remind. To join Remind for a specific grade level, text the following bolded message to 81010:
Class of 2019 (current Seniors)- @lhs2019g
Class of 2020 (current Juniors)- @lhs2020g
Class of 2021 (current Sophomores)- @lhs2021g
Class of 2022 (current Freshman- @lhs2022g