January 2021 Newsletter
One School. One Vision. One Family.
At the start of each year many set resolutions to improve their lives. To kick off 2021 with purpose and connection, I challenge YOU, Imagine-Chancellor family members, to focus on meaningful goals that make YOU proud and happy. Inner happiness is contagious as it affects your attitude and interactions with others...#positivity in action. Please take time and support others by encouraging them to stick to their goals. I am optimistic we all will be able to celebrate personal triumphs throughout the year...together!
Imagine-Chancellor will continue to shine as we conquer 2021 and live up to our motto, "One School. One Vision. One Family".
I wish everyone a healthy, prosperous 2021. Thank you for your continued support and always remember we are #inthistogether!
With love and appreciation,
A Message from the Assistant Principal
As Ms. Standley has shared during her previous note, our motto "One School. One Vision. One Family" will take us into January and throughout the rest of the school year. Let's make the rest of this year one of the best and one to remember for all of our students at Imagine-Chancellor!
Mode of Instruction Spring Family Survey
The 2021 Spring Semester survey for families to make their choice for their child(ren)'s mode of instruction will be open from January 19th-January 23rd.
We request all families to complete this survey for their child(ren) indicating their preference for mode of instruction: distance learning or in-person.
We kindly ask for students who will be changing their mode of instruction to wait until February 2nd to move to that mode of instruction. This will enable students to begin the second semester smoothly.
As per the Governor's Executive Order, we encourage students who are not making adequate progress through distance learning to return to in-person learning as soon as possible. Please contact administration or your classroom teacher to expedite this process.
Below is the link to the survey that will open January 19th and close on January 23rd.
Great Appreciation for Outstanding School Partners
Imagine-Chancellor was provided with a huge moving truck to transport all of the toys collected to Imagine North Lauderdale for our annual Toy Drive by Meehan's Family Moving. We greatly appreciate this great school partner for supporting this great cause each year.
Positivity Project Character Strengths for January
Positivity Project will continue on our campus with a focus on Positivity in Action and the Other People Mindset. Below are the character strengths we will be focusing on each week during the month of January.
Optimism- Week of January 4th-8th
Prudence- Week of January 11th-15th
Perseverance- Week of January 19th-22nd
Supporting others when they struggle- Week of January 25th-29th
A new resource Positivity Project is offering this year is P2 for Families!
This is an easy way for families to discuss the importance of character strengths and positive relationships. It is differentiated for various grade levels and includes 1 quote, 1 video and 3 questions to drive conversations around character at home.
Invest in Imagine
Invest in Imagine! This is the easiest possible fundraiser for your families and businesses to take part in! It is simply a donation to our school. All donations welcome!
Daily Arrival Procedures
Strict arrival measures have been put into place to ensure the health and safety of all students and staff. Therefore, all parents and students must adhere to the following arrival protocols:
- Students who are enrolled in before care will be able to enter the campus daily from 7:15-8:30 am off of High Ridge Road. Parents will receive special car tags to identify as before care students.
- All other students will not be permitted to enter campus prior to 8:30 am.
- Parents who are not enrolled in before care will enter the campus off of Miner Rd following traffic down Imagine Way. Gates will be open to all students at 8:30 am each morning.
- All students will have their temperature taken by a staff member in the car before they will be permitted on campus. Any student who presents a fever over 100.4 will not be permitted on campus that day. Parents may pull over and wait for a time period to recheck at their discretion.
- All students will use hand sanitizer prior to entering the building
· Staggered dismissal times will remain the same:
K-2- 3:30 pm
3rd-4th- 3:45 pm
5th-8th- 4:00 pm
- All students will remain in their classroom during dismissal
- PikMyKid will be utilized as our dismissal program
- Parents must check-in using the PikMyKid app or provide the designated staff member the assigned dismissal number for their child(ren). Please place your PikmyKid dismissal tag on your dashboard for staff to easily see.
- Gates will be open to all students at dismissal times. Dismissal traffic will flow down Imagine Way (back road off of Miner Rd) and onto south side of the campus until further notice.
- Students will be sent down to a designated area with social distancing measures in place to be placed in their car.
- If you have multiple children in different grade levels, please come at the oldest child’s release time to pick up all of your children
- Please do not come earlier than your child’s assigned dismissal time. Parents that have children in grades 3-8 that come early will be asked to go around and come back at their assigned time.
All visitors will be restricted to the front office lobby only. Upon arriving, they must wear a mask, sanitize their hands, and practice social distancing measures. The capacity of the front lobby is limited to 4 people.
Saying Goodbye to 2020 with School Spirit and Kindness
InUnison will remain our school uniform vendor for this school year. All of the shirt colors will remain the same as well as the shorts/pants colors. If you wish to order online for this year, the link to the uniform website is below.
Raise Money for our School through Amazon Smile
Introducing a simple way for you to help raise money for Imagine Chancellor PTSA by doing what you already do every day! Rather than shopping at Amazon.com, simply shop AmazonSmile.
When you shop AmazonSmile, nothing changes for you. You will find the exact same products, pricing, and membership benefits. The only difference is that .5% of eligible purchases are donated back to our school. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones. You will be asked to select a charitable organization to support. Enter Imagine Schools Chancellor Campus PTA.
ON YOUR COMPUTER:
Step 1: Go to smile.amazon.com
Step 2: Follow the website prompts to create your AmazonSmile account. (Note: If you already have an Amazon account, enter your login credentials when prompted for your username and password.)
Step 3: You will be asked to select a charitable organization to support. Enter Imagine Schools Chancellor Campus PTA.
Step 4: Follow the online prompts to complete your setup.
Step 5: Create a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to ensure a percentage of your next purchase goes to Imagine Chancellor PTA.
ON YOUR MOBILE OR TABLET:
Step 1: If you are not already an AmazonSmile member, sign up on your web browser. Simply select your favorite charity to start generating donations, at no cost to you. If you are, skip to Step 3
Step 2: Get the app. Download or update to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app on your phone. You can find it in the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android.
Step 3: Turn on AmazonSmile Open the app and find ’Settings’ in the main menu. Tap on ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone.