Principal Notes 11/15/13
St. Cecilia School
- Tuesday, November 19: 4:30-5:30 p.m. Passport to Kindergarten (please contact the school office if you have additional questions)
- Wednesday, November 20: 9 a.m. All School Mass and 2:15 p.m. Early Dismissal
- Thursday, November 21: Principal Appreciation Day and 1 p.m. Children’s Theater
- Wednesday, November 27: 9 a.m. All School Mass and 1:30 p.m. Early Dismissal
- Thursday & Friday, November 28-29: NO SCHOOL-Thanksgiving Holiday
Save A Life, Support Our Students! Catholic Schools Week Mission Project
Calling all Christmas Carolers!
Notes from the Principal
NewsNotes from the Archdiocese
Jeans Day-Super Typhoon Haiyan Relief
I want to thank everyone that stopped in to complete the English survey required by the state. I think there was some confusion with who needed to complete this form; however, all parents are required to complete the process for the state of Iowa. If you were not able to complete the form during parent-teacher conferences, please go in on page 1 of PowerSchool e-registration to complete or stop in the office or call and we can complete the paper work by phone. We appreciate your assistance in completing this form for the state.
November is a transition time in the school and for families as we are preparing for Thanksgiving and starting to make holiday plans for our families. I hope your family can use the Advent Season to plan special activities that can unite your family and reach out to those around us as we spread the story of the Christmas season. The next two months are always a special time for our family with Thanksgiving plans and Christmas traditions. I hope all of us can remember the true meaning of the holiday and not get too caught up in the commercialization of Christmas and remember the joy of the season and the message of the Advent season.
Ervin A. Rowlands
Principal, St. Cecilia's Schoolerowlands@stceciliaschoolames.org