Reptiles vs Amphibians
Reptiles and amphibians may look the same and people may get them confused, but there is a huge difference between them.
By looking at this picture you might not know the difference between them, but even if you look at the picture you can tell which one is reptile and which one is amphibian just by the physical features.
Some things that reptiles and amphibians have in common is that they are:
- they have keen eyesight- Many lizards which are reptiles and frogs which are amphibians have sharp eyesight which is crucial for their precise capture of prey by flicking their tongues.
- they have similar defensive traits- Both reptiles and amphibians use camouflage, biting, and inflating of the body to avoid predation. Lizards (reptiles) and salamanders (amphibians) both have the ability to autotomize which is a voluntary removal of the tail.
- they are both cold blooded or ectothermic.
- they are chordate which means that an animal that possess a spinal column.
- they can alter their skin color which helps in camouflage and can help with their body temperature just like different type of frogs and also chameleons.