Week of December 3rd, 2018
- RtI Update - The below for "Save the Dates" on the next round of formal RtI discussions.
- Gingerbread Houses - Did someone say "competition?" For this week's faculty meeting, remember... we're providing the basic kits. Bring anything extra you'll want to add!
- NaviGate - You may have seen an email from Amanda Simpson on Friday afternoon giving us the heads up about a company coming in to photograph classrooms for a safety/security app. Please be aware they should be by sometime this week. As soon as we get the heads-up that they're here, we'll let you know!
- Lockout/Lockdown Drills - Due to the availability of the police, the previously scheduled Lockout Drill has been moved to Tuesday. At 9:30, we will have a Lockout drill followed by a Lockdown. Please listen carefully to the announcement for instructions on what to do.
- Cookie Exchange - Email Kristy by December 7th if you want to participate!
- BINGO - Thanks for joining in the Bingo fun! We'll keep the game going through this Friday. As you make a row (or rows), add your name to the QR Code doc. We'll draw for prizes on Friday (the 7th).... That will lead us into our 10 days of Holiday Fun starting the following week. #HoHoHo
Mark your calendar for the next round of formal RtI discussions:
- Kinder - TBD
- 2nd Grade-December 20th
1st Grade- January 16th
3rd Grade- Feb 5th
4th Grade- Feb 6th
5th Grade- Feb 7th
Don't forget, feedback/updates from our amazing Interventionists can be found in the folder below.
MackenVIA provides access to BrainPop, Discovery Ed, Pebble Go, and many others.
Also, be on the look-out for ELLevation Progress Monitoring Forms which will be sent out on December 7th and due on December 21st.
Hour of Code
This week is Computer Science Education Week and the perfect time to celebrate Hour of Code...
Be sure to explore the CISD Hour of Code resources that Trent shared earlier in the week!
There are preplanned lessons, ideas, and reflections. Whether you are looking for WIN ideas, ways to integrate into your content units, or simply for a Drop Everything And Code time... there are lots of ways to get your kids involved.
Need help? Check in with Trent!
- Mon, Dec 10th - Middle School WEST Holiday Concert - 10:00
- Tues, Dec 11th - GE Team Coaching Day (during your conference period). Please do not schedule any meetings during your conference period.
- Thurs, Dec 13th - Holiday Extravaganza - 5:30
- Fri, Dec 14th - CISD Holiday Party - all day @ Admin
Week At A Glance
- College Day - enjoy jeans and a College shirt
- SpEd Team Time
- Safety & Security Team Meeting - after school
- Ed Foundation / PTO Shirt Day - enjoy jeans w/ a PTO or Ed Foundation shirt
- Kinder Team Time
- Cooper @ Principal Meeting
- 1st Grade Team Time
- Kids of Character Breakfast
- Faculty Meeting
- 2nd Grade Team Time
- 5th Grade Spelling Bee
- Rise & Shine
- Jordan Out