Upper Dublin in Review...
Legislative Meeting Briefs - June 2020
UDSD Board of School Directors
Ms. Amy Francek, President; Dr. Darlene Davis, Vice President
Mr. Michael Henderson, Ms. Jennifer Iannitti, Dr. Art Levinowitz,
Mr. Stanley Ropski, Ms. Titia Scherpbier, Mr. Mark Sirota, Mr. Jeffrey Wallack
President's Welcome and Reports to the Board of School Directors
- President's Welcome - Ms. Francek welcomed everyone to the meeting.
- Student Government Association Report - There was no report this month.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Yanni presented his monthly Superintendent's Report. Please click here to read Dr. Yanni's full report.
- District reopening plan
- Tax increase
- Administrators pay increase
- Local Board Procedure 006 regarding community input
Recommended Action Items for Approval
Education Committee Recommendations
- Curriculum - The Board approved Fountas & Pinnell Classroom pilot for grades 4 & 5, renewal of STAR Renaissance and LinkIt! Data Management software, purchase of software licenses for Newsela grades K-8 and Schoology Learning Management System, and laptops for the SRMS computer lab.
- Pupil Services - The Board approved four confidential educational and service agreements, the Naviance software renewal, and the Frontline Education Services agreement.
Finance Committee Recommendations (includes Operations and Transportation)
- Routine Matters - The Board approved routine matters such as the review of the Treasurer's Report, the list of bill payments, insurance policy renewals, cooperative purchasing agreements, supply bids, fund depositories, and budgetary transfers for June 2020.
- Other Matters - The Board approved the 2020-2021 Final Budget, authorization of summer payments, the Solicitor's Office proposal for 2020-2021. A proposal for HRG Group to prepare permit documents for the Department of Environmental Protection, a consulting proposal from ICS Consulting for a District facilities assessment, and a proposal from Hunt Engineering for paving evaluation and bid document preparation were also approved. Additionally, the Board approved the renewal of ePlus Palo Alto firewall and subscriptions, purchase of new VMWare HPE servers, ePlus Cisco SMARTnet renewal, and purchase of computer workstations that are due for a refresh.
Personnel Committee Recommendations
- Routine Matters - The Board approved the personnel report, inclusive of appointments, retirements and resignations, leaves of absence, changes of status, and the extracurricular report.
- Other Matters - The Board approved administrator salaries and compensation plans for 2020-2021, summer hiring authorization, and changes to retiree benefits.
Policy Committee Recommendations
The Board approved second readings of the following policies:
- Meetings (Local Board Procedure 006)
- Bonding (811)
- Property Insurance (812)
- Other Insurance (813)
- Citizens Advisory Committees (905)
- Booster Clubs and Parent Organizations (915)
The Board affirmed first readings of the following policies:
- Public Relations Objectives (901)
- Nonschool Organizations/Groups/Individuals (913)
- Repeal of Publications Program (902) and News Media Relations (911)
Other Business and Reports
- The Board affirmed the 2020 list of high school graduates, re-appointed Board Treasurer Ms. Jennifer Baldassano for a one year term commencing on July 1, 2020, and approved the District Health and Safety Plan for PIAA Sports and marching band.
- Liaison Committee Reports - Reports from Montgomery County Intermediate Unit, Montgomery County Legislative Committee, Eastern Center for Arts & Technology, Equity and Empowerment Steering Committee, Educational Advisory Committee, Pennsylvania School Boards Association, Upper Dublin Township, and Upper Dublin Education Foundation. Click here to read the full report.
- Solicitor's Report - Mr. Diasio reported that the Board met in Executive session preceding the meeting to discuss personnel matters and safety. Additionally, Mr. Diasio announced upcoming policy revisions due to new Title IX regulations and US Supreme Court ruling on LGBT anti-discrimination.
Community Input and Follow-Up Comments
- PTO/PTA events for 5th grade, 8th, grade, and Seniors
- Administrator salaries
- Extra curricular salaries
- Tax increase