Raymond Park Middle School
Ranger News week of March 11, 2019
Please fill out an online Family Survey (if you have not already).
This week: Tuesday is the last day to order 18.19 student yearbooks do not delay!
Monday, March 11th
- Girls Tennis Team Tryouts-Practices start right after school and end at 5:00 p.m. this week Monday through Friday. Please pick up your student promptly at 5:00 p.m. on the south side of the school at the tennis courts.
- RP book fair in the media-plex 8:15 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Tuesday, March 12th
- LAST DAY for the RP book fair in the media-plex 8:15 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- LAST Day to order RPMS yearbooks for the 2018-2019 school year. More information in flyer below.
Wednesday, March 13th
- RPMS & RPIA Skating Party at the Roller Cave 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. This is the last school skating party for the year.
- 8th grade Washington DC Field Trip departure after school.
- RP life skills classroom is selling ice cream for $1.
Thursday, March 14th
- Free Soccer clinic see flyer below for more information.
- PTSA is selling slushies for $1. Flavors this week are Green Watermelon and Grape.
Friday, March 15th
- Core Celebration (during school hours).
- Last Day before spring intersession.
Saturday, March 16th
- Choir ISSMA contest.
- Science Olympiad State Competition is at Indiana University.
Monday, March 18th
- Start of Intersession/ Two week Break
Monday, April 1
Raymond Park Girls Tennis Team Tryouts Spring 2019
Coach Paul and Coach White are excited to start another tennis season at Raymond Park Middle School. Here is a quick run-down of info to know:
Who: All students grades 5-8
When: March 11th after school. Practices go until 5 PM Monday-Friday. Please pick up your student promptly at 5 PM on the south side of the school at the tennis courts.
Where: Students will meet after school in the cafeteria. We usually meet toward the back. Look for people with tennis racquets.
What to bring: Athletic clothes (gym shorts with pockets work well), athletic shoes, tennis racquet (a cheap one is fine), a good attitude, a good supply of water, and a small snack.
What to know: Tennis is a sport with many rules. Start getting familiar with them. All players must learn how to play the game. This is a sport that requires a level of physical fitness. Players are required to put in their best effort at physical tasks such as running laps around the track. The coaches are in no way required to admit all students onto the team.
More information will be given out on the first day of tryouts. Tryouts will be held in the week of March 11th.
RPMS BOOK FAIR 3/4 - 3/12 *Major credit cards now accepted!
It will be held in the MediaPlex 8:15 a.m - 3:00 p.m please stop by, all purchases benefit our media plex. Lots of new books and authors to see.
Major credit cards now accepted.
MSD WARREN TOWNSHIP EXCEL PROGRAM FOR 19-20
Mission Statement: The EXCEL Program is designed to meet the unique academic and affective needs of highly talented students through a cooperative, enriched, and accelerated academic program where each person feels significant and appreciated.
The curriculum in the EXCEL program is differentiated and faster paced. Students will work above grade level.
The Parent Recommendation form must be completed by March 31, 2019.
Did you know you can take a day off from school to serve as a page for the Indiana Senate? State Senator Aaron Freeman invites students in grades 6-12 to come to the Statehouse and spend an exciting day seeing our state government in action.
RPMS PTSA News
Don't forget to join our Parent Teacher Student Association and support all of the wonderful student activities and events throughout the school year! Your $7 membership earns you a weekly PTSA electronic newsletter and membership incentives. Our PTSA sponsors Back To School Night treats, the quarterly CORE Celebrations, teacher reimbursement for school supplies, end of year celebration treat for all students, 8th grade celebration gift, and staff appreciation days. Our PTSA coordinates the school-PTSA joint fall fundraiser, various 8th Grade Washington DC fundraisers, weekly slushy sales, RP-AMC monthly family movie events, Box Top collection contests, quarterly roller skating parties at the Roller Cave and Sonny Day Community Center volunteering nights.
Please contact our PTSA for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
2018-2019 Yearbooks On- Sale. Order online through LifeTouch at: RPMS 2018-2019 Yearbook code:10818419.
SCHOOL DISTRICT PUBLICATIONS/NEWS MEDIA USE
Dr. John Kleine - Principal
Dr. Leondra Radford - Assistant Principal
Aliesa Hopp - Secretary to Principal
Sheri Thompson - Registrar/Attendance Secretary
Beth Schuster - Receptionist
Lisa Stewart - Nurse
To apply you must be in the 7th or 8th grade. Contact Katie Piatt RPMS Educational Counselor for application email@example.com or 317-532-8900 X8910.