Colerain All Stars Newsletter
Week of April 4th
- Visitor Restrictions Lifted - starting April 1st - families/visitors are allowed back in the school building (masks optional)! Please coordinate any visits with your classroom teacher. If you are a newer family to Colerain, and haven't been in the building much, let me know and I can do a tour!
- CCS 2022-2023 Pre-K Enrollment - starts April 4th - see flyer below for more details/instructions
- 30-min Early Release - Thursday, April 14th @ 3p
- NO SCHOOL (Spring Break) - Friday, April 15th - Friday, April 22nd
- Colerain Art Extravaganza - May 12th @ TBD - save the date for this in person event to view art and listen to music by Colerain Students. We will also be having a "How to be Successful in Middle School" workshop that night. More details coming soon.
CCS Virtual Family Engagement Sessions
"Special Education Services for Hearing and Vision"
Tuesday, April 5, 6:00-7:00 p.m.
Columbus City Schools offers one-of-kind programs and services to meet the needs of students with hearing or vision loss from preschool through twelfth grade. Join our Tuesday Virtual Family Engagement Session as we share more about these two disability categories and how students are found eligible for services. You learn where and how services are provided for students and how to make a referral if you have questions about your child.
"Supporting Our Transgender Youth"
Thursday, April 7, 6:00-7:00 p.m.
When children raise questions about their gender or come out as transgender, parents may find themselves at a loss about what to do next. What do kids need from their families as they wrestle with their gender identity? Join our Thursday Virtual Family Engagement Session when our partners at Kaleidoscope Youth Center share simple ways to support your transgender child.
School Start Time Survey
Please take this brief survey here: https://tinyurl.com/CCSstart
Local Summer Camps
It's not too early to register for the many summer camps available around town:
- Camp Wyandot Overnight Camp Registration
- Camp Wyandot Day Camp Registration
- Columbus Parks & Recreation Camps
- MathPlus Camps
- Columbus Zoo Camps
- The Past Foundation Camps
- Franklin County Metro Parks Camps
- Columbus Children's Theater Camps
- Just Hoops Basketball Camps
- Ohio Hispanic Coalition Camps (scroll down to "youth & education")
Dominion Middle School
If your student will be a 6th grader next year at Dominion MS, please complete this form to ensure your student gets the "electives" (art, band, drama, etc) that they want.
If your student is going to another middle school and you have not received this form/info, please let me know and I can put you in touch with the right folks.
Pathways Express - APRIL
Learners on the World Languages and Cultures path value the uniqueness of others, build global empathy, and expand communication skills.
More details here: https://www.ccsoh.us/Page/11279
- FREE Vaccine Locations (no appointment needed): see flyer below
- Ohio Department of Health: https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov/
- Columbus Public Health: https://www.columbus.gov/c19vax/
- Children's Hospital: https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/family-resources-education/health-wellness-and-safety-resources/covid-19/vaccine
- Your Pediatrician: call them to see if they are providing vaccines yet
- ***NEW: "Father Up"Program - free program/resources from "action for children"
- FREE Fresh Food Market (starting Saturday, March 19th @ 11a) - see flyer below for more details.
- Huckleberry House (CRISIS Shelter)
- Real Mom Nutrition (CCS mom and Family Ambassador)
- First Tee Central Ohio (FREE Golf Classes for CCS Students)
- Columbus Parks & Rec Summer Camp Registration (outdoor camp registration starts Thursday, February 24th at 7 pm indoor camp registration starts March 1st at 7 pm)
- Joseph's Coats (& household goods)
- Children's Advocacy Project
- Cota Plus (rides to and from your home...accessible vehicles per request)
- Black Mental Health
- Tutoring Resources
- Action for Children
- CCS Website
- CCS Parent Portal
- CCS Peach Jar Flyers (community resources)
- CCS School Year Calendar
- CCS Virtual Family Engagement Sessions (current and archived sessions)
- CCS Translated Documents
- CCS Health Hub
- CCS Quarantine Guidelines (and Flow Chart)
- Special Ed Parent Mentor Program
Colerain Family Ambassador - Matt Dixon
The Family Ambassador is a liaison that facilitates partnerships, between families and the school, that support student academic success and well being.
If you have any questions, ideas, or feedback, please reach out to me either phone or email.