Weekly Update - 8/22
Easton Area HS Instrumental Music
This Week's Edition:
- Weekly Schedule
- Uniform Contracts Reminder - PAST DUE
- Cottingham Reopening Information
- Meet the Band Night Information
- 9/11 Memorial Parade Information
Mums Fundraiser - ends Monday
- First Flag Sponsorship - due Saturday
- Volunteer Information
- Band App
Weekly Schedule (August 22- 29, 2021)
Sunday, August 22
- Palmer Days, 3:00pm - 9:00pm @ Fairview Park
Monday, August 23
- Band Camp, 2:00pm - 4:30pm @ EAHS
- Cottingham Stadium Re-opening! Students dismissed @ 5 PM from EAHS, report to Cottingham by 5:45 PM
Tuesday, August 24
- Band Camp, 2:00pm - 8:00pm @ EAHS
Wednesday, August 25
- Meet the Band Night, report at 4:00pm @ Cottingham Stadium.
Stadium gates open at 5:00pm
Thursday, August 26
- Band Camp, 2:00pm - 8:00pm @ EAHS
Friday, August 27
- Opening Home Game vs. Pocono Mountain East, 5:30pm
Stay up to date by viewing our online calendar on our website!
Uniform Contracts - PAST DUE
Students can now use the QR code to submit uniform repair requests to Mrs. Niosi or Mrs. Martyak. The QR code is located on the uniform room door.
Cottingham Reopening - Monday, August 23
Cottingham Reopening is scheduled for Monday, August 23.
- Rehearsal at EAHS from 2:00 - 4:30 PM (students should pack their own dinner)
- Students should wear shorts & t shirt to practice and BRING full uniform (no hat or raincoat)
- 5:00 PM - Students dismissed/ individual transportation to Cottingham Stadium for ceremony
- 5:45 PM - Warm up at Cottingham/ Reopening Performance
- Family/ friends encouraged to attend - 6:30 PM ceremony start time
- 8:00 PM - Pick up at Cottingham Stadium
In the event of the reopening being postponed to Tuesday, we will have regular rehearsal 2 - 8 PM on Monday. Mr. Ballentine will send out messaging on the band app & via email when a decision is made.
Meet the Band Night - Wednesday, August 25
Location: Cottingham Stadium
Time: Students report: 4:00 PM; Gates open: 5:00 PM; Performance begins: 5:30 PM
What to Expect: Preview the 2021 edition of our "Red Rover" marching band and see what our students have worked on these last two weeks at camp. In this night, you will see:
- Parade into Cottingham
- Pregame Preview
- Halftime Preview
- Demonstration of how we learn drill
- Community Block Band - learn how to march alongside your child
This event is FREE to attend. Please tell friends & family. We look forward to sharing this great night with you! The event should conclude around 6:30 PM.
9/11 Memorial Parade
Students will report to EAHS at 9:00am. Bus transportation to the parade location will be provided.
The parade steps off at 11:00am. Students will wear full uniform for this parade.
More information will be shared when we receive final details about the event.
Mums Fundraiser - LAST DAY TO ORDER IS MONDAY!
The fall mums fundraiser started on Monday, August 9th and runs through Monday, August 23rd. We are selling 9-inch potted mums (several color choices) for $7 each. Coupons are also redeemable at the nursery for $6 each.
There will be two pick up dates in mid-September (the 11th for plant and coupons, the 14th for coupons only).
Order online: https://eahsmusic.org/general/fall-mums-fundraiser-fall-2021/
Thank you for your support!
First Flags Information
There are MANY ways that you can help! One of the best ways to help us fundraise is to contact businesses who may be interested in sponsoring the instrumental music program. There are options for businesses to also get special shout outs on our social media, in our concert programs & more.
Parents & Guardians: there is a DISCOUNTED rate for pre-sale tickets. This form is due back by September 04.
There are also ways for you to take out an ad for your child. You can also choose to put a shout out in the program (only $5!). All ads are due by August 28.
Questions? Please reach out to Mrs. Jennifer Martellucci: email@example.com.
AmazonSmile - support EAHS Music while you shop!
How does it work?
- Begin shopping at smile.amazon.com.
- If you’re not already, sign in with your Amazon credentials.
- From the “Pick your own charitable organization,” enter “Instrumental Music Association” and choose “Easton, PA.”
- Press “Select,” and begin shopping AND helping to raise money for the IMA!
What’s the catch?
- There’s no catch other than you must shop from smile.amazon.com.
- Amazon will not make donations to the IMA on qualifying purchases when orders are placed through amazon.com or from any Amazon shopping apps.
- Not all purchases are eligible even when placed through smile.amazon.com.
PMEA D10 Band & Orchestra Auditions
Auditions take place on Saturday, December 04, 2021. To view the solo lists & see more information about the requirements, please visit the PMEA D10 website.
Calling all volunteers!
To do this, please view our website with step-by-step information on how to go about obtaining these.
Please be sure to also complete & return the volunteer form found under the strings camp/ band camp information sections of this newsletter. This form will also be mailed out in mid-July.
Additionally, if you are interested in serving as a nurse for the band during band camp & football games, please reach out to our medical coordinator, Mrs. Ferretti, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Band App - Stay Informed
The advantages of this app include:
- Notifications sent directly to phone or device.
- Instant communication to relay last-minute changes or details.
- Integrated calendar (with ability to import the calendar to your phone's calendar).
- Attachments tab to keep track of any forms.
It is recommended every parent/ guardian sign up for this app. To do so, please click this link. This group is specifically for any parent/ guardian of a student in the band or orchestra.