The Blake Buzz
November 16-20, 2015
- Bellarmine Literacy Project class in library 5-8pm
- Faculty Meeting 4-5pm Agenda
- Jan McDowell, E.T.C. visits Blake in the afternoon to do walkthroughs
- PTA Board Meeting in Conference Room 5pm
- SBDM Meeting 8 am
- Karate Club 4:15-5:15pm (4th/5th)
- LG&E Engineering Club 4-6pm (3rd)
- Interviews for ECE-funded additional assistant in Sarah's room 4:15-5:30
- PTA General Meeting in Cafeteria 6:30 pm * We will be introducing our new PTA Board and presenting our budget for the year for approval by PTA general body. *We will also be recognizing our current students who scored Proficient/Distinguished on K-PREP last spring. They will be presented with yard signs.
- Thanksgiving Luncheon with Parents
- After-School Dance Club K-2 4:15-5:15
- Pay Day
- Decorate the tree in Cafeteria 4-5pm (Staff volunteers needed. Who can help with decorating/recognizing other winter holidays celebrated by our students?)
- Blake Angel Tree names chosen by staff who wish to participate (in FRC)
- THANKSGIVING Break No School
Thanks to Staff for Showcase of Schools Help!
Congratulations to Mrs. Sajko!
Staff Superhero of the Week
In the words of Meg McDonald, "Ms. Burnett was pulled in my classroom to sub while I was out, and although it probably wasn't her ideal way to spend the day, I couldn't ask for a better person to leave my kiddos with. They were so happy to see her and she was so flexible with my plans. She even helped wrangle loose lizards!
Olivia Hust went above and beyond the call of duty by sacrificing her personal time and efforts to help Mrs. Moore put the music together for the Veterans Day assembly. The task was half as heavy when two shared the load. Thank you, Olivia! (nominated by Becky Moore)
Emily Freeman deserves a special shout-out for spending time helping the students in her library classes make cards and posters to honor our veterans, Mr. Haskins, Mr. Malone, and Ms. Mason. Thank you, Emily, for making the presentation during the school wide assembly, too!