Use the right Body Language!
By Joslyn Leaks
Take a stand!
How to efficiently make a decision
- State the situation
- List the options
- Weigh the possible outcomes
- Considering Values
- Make a decision and act
- Evaluate your decision
This can help you when you use the correct body language and also making the right decision
SAY NO IN A FIRM VOICE.
Do this calmly and clearly. Use expressions such as
“I’d rather not.”
State your feelings. Tell the other person that the
suggested activity or behavior goes against your values
- Propose a safe, healthful activity to do instead.
- USE APPROPRIATE BODY LANGUAGE.
- Make it clear that you don’t intend to back down from
your position. Look directly into the other person’s eyes.
- LEAVE IF NECESSARY.
- If the other person continues to pressure you, or simply
won’t take no for an answer, just walk away.
Harassment and Bullying
Reasons why smokers die and what tobacco does to you
- First, did you know that tobacco kills more Americans each year than alcohol, cocaine, crack, heroin, homicide, suicide, car accidents, fires AND AIDS COMBINED!
- Twice as likely to have a heart attack - the nicotine in cigarettes initially acts as a central nervous system stimulant...once this wears off (withdrawal), the smoker begins to feel the urge for another cigarette.
- Increases the heart rate by 15-20 beats per minute: this means that smokers' hearts beat 28,800 more times a day, 201,600 more times a week, and 10,512,000 more times a year than a nonsmoker's heart!
The 6 types of Nutrients
Personal Health Safety
- The Situation
- The Unsafe Habit
- The Unsafe Act
- The Accident
- The Results of the Accident
This is the accident chain it can help when you have an accident it can help realize what you did. Make sure you do not do it in the future.