Popular HP Server
for Office Networking Explained
The use of servers in offices and factories cannot be under stressed. The advantages of using a HP server versus a standalone are –
· They reduce the cost on computers. The initial investment on a server computer may be higher than standalone, but the advantage is that the computers connected to the server can be made less expensively because many peripherals like CD/DVD can be avoided. It is also perfect for sharing programs which again is a major advantage in terms of cost. However, the biggest advantage is you can use it for sharing internet connection and data, and they are also ideal for communication between different computers.
· Servers usually have a higher configuration than standalone computers. This is a big advantage. Besides using servers for interconnecting the computers, it is also possible to use them for running high end software that requires very high operating speeds.
· Yet another advantage of using a server is that data is centralized and server features make it easy to recover data. By storing all the data in a server, the risk factors in client computers can be vastly reduced. HP server can be configured to give client access to servers based on a system of user name and password. Most servers are configured in such a way as to show who is accessing what data and at what time. This feature can be used to detect dishonest employees who attempt to steal data.
· Servers also keep a detailed log of client computers that access the internet. This feature is useful to track employees who try to access undesirable web sites. Servers can also be configured to deny internet access selectively. This is an advantage when the bandwidth availability is low. It helps to distribute bandwidth depending upon the connected nodes needs. Likewise servers also help to create an intranet communication system within an enterprise.HP server is delivered in many different models. You can order them based on the number of computers that needs to be interconnected.
Here are some popular HP severs widely used in the industry. HP is particularly noted for its superior workmanship and aesthetic appeal.
· HP ProLiant ML110 G7 Server (B6S91A)Features – tower construction, processor used: Intel Xeon E3-1220/ 2 GB RAM/500 GB HDD Server, Specifications - CPU Type: Intel Xeon CPU Model: E3-1220 CPU Qty: 1 CPU Speed: 3.10 GHz CPU Socket Type: LGA 1155 Ethernet port: 2 Rack Height: 4U; Memory expandable up to 16 GB, Memory Type: DDR3; Memory Speed: 1333 MHz; storage Hard drive: 1; Hard Drive Capacity: 500 GB; Supported RAID: RAID 0/1/10
· HP ProLiant ML110G7 Server (626475-371) Features - Series: ProLiant Model: ML110 G7 (626475-371); Type: Tower; Chipset: any type; Specifications - CPU Type: Intel Xeon, CPU Model: E3-1240 CPU Speed: 3.30 GHz, CPU Socket Type: LGA 1155; Ethernet port: 2 Rack height: 4U; memory capacity: 2 GB, memory type: DDR3; Memory Speed: 1333 MHz; storage drive 1 number, drive capacity 250 GB; Supported RAID: RAID 0/1/10
The other popular HP servers are - HP ProLiant ML330 G6 Server 504055-371, HP ProLiant ML330 G6 Server (637080-371), HP ProLiant DL180 8LFF 460W PS Server (590638-371) and HP ProLiant ML350 G6 E5620 Server (594869-371).