Vista Oaks - Lodi
A great place for your child to grow...
Weekly Update for January 15, 2016
Important Upcoming Dates
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- No school on Monday, January 18th
- Thursday, January 28 - More information below.
- Wednesday, February 3 - More information below!
Open House - Wednesday, February 3 from 3:00 - 5:00
- Mark your Calendar for the Vista Oaks Charter School Open House - February 3, 2016. 3:00-5:00pm!
- We will have raffle prizes, a scavenger hunt, hands-on arts and crafts, food and fun.
- Bring family and friends and get an extra raffle ticket for each person you bring to open house.
Here's this week's skill (let's start with the basics!):
HOW TO USE A MOUSE! Click this link to find a game to make sure your child knows how to properly use the mouse:
- K-6 Field Trip- The K-6 will be going on a field trip to Tiger Lines Trucking. January 27, 10:00-12:00pm. The students will get to tour the facility, check out the semi-trucks, eat lunch in the break room, and meet Diesel the mascot. Please fill out the field trip permission slip for your child at school.
- World of Wonders is having a kids night out. Sounds like a fun time for the kids.
Our K-8 Vendors have some new classes for the spring semester...
- Nancy Stenzler (Science) has a new spring class schedule.. Please sign-up soon as the classes do fill up quickly (see attached schedule)
- Science World of Wonders also has new activities going on all the time.
- Did you know that IMPACT SPORTS has a NINJA class? They incorporate karate and tumbling into one fun class. They offer this class at various times/days. See their website for more details. http://www.impactsportscenter.com
Want to include a new vendor? See DeDe Wall for more information
High School: Learn More About Life in the Military
Who: Sergeant Gray and Sergeant K from the US Army
What: Representatives from the Army will discuss what life would be like if you joined the military.
When: Thursday, January 28th at 10:00 AM in the Math Lab
Come and listen to all the life in the Army has to offer. It’s for information only.
You are not automatically enlisted if you attend!
Know Someone Who Might Be Interested in Vista Oaks?
- We are accepting applications for the Spring Semester!
- Know someone who might be interested in learning about Vista Oaks Charter School? Feel free to forward the Weekly Updates or have them call our office at 365-4060.
- There is currently a wait list for high school students, but a few more spots are available in K-8.