We R Charles
A Note from Mrs. Phillips
Dear Charles Families:
Wow, what a start to our school year! Thank you for having patience and giving us grace as we travel this unknown journey! We are getting a little better every day! I have some updates for you after our first few weeks of school:
- We will not be using NWEA this fall. Teachers are using our Fountas and Pinnell Benchmark system to find your child's reading level. We are also using writing prompts, phonics screeners, and number facts to begin our data collection.
- Virtual students will have one-on-one Google meets with our interventionist for beginning of the year assessments. Mrs. Frye has completed most of these but will be reaching out via Dojo to set up a time.
- Teachers will be communicating weekly with virtual students and will offer a communication folder that can be picked up on Mondays from 8 am - 3pm.
- All virtual work can be located in Canvas. Please click the attendance link by 8:30 to be counted present. If your child does not compete work, their grade will be negatively impacted. Please help your child keep up with their daily assignments.
- We are socially distancing as much as possible but masks are required. All of our kids have done an amazing job with wearing their masks....THANK YOU!
- Our policy for allowing students to return to school has been updated according to the Indiana Health Department. Please see link below or click here. (updated 8/27/20)
Chocolate sales are currently going on to support our student activity fund that provides items such as food, prizes, and masks! We appreciate your support and look forward to a successful sale!
As always, I'm here if you need anything. I try my best to put things out there on Dojo and Social Media. If there is anything else I can do better, please let me know. You can send a personal message via Dojo, Facebook or Twitter. You may also email me or call the office. That information is found below. Have a great month Chargers!
Be kind, be amazing, and be YOU!
Mrs. Kirsten Phillips
Friendship in Music
Going on now until Sept. 4th
Click on the links below for more information...
Laptop Insurance Information
COVID-19: When a student, faculty or staff member can return to school.- This chart details all possible scenarios for when quarantine is necessary. **Updated**