The KCA Weekly
A Posting for the Saints
Notes from the Board
The KCA Board of Directors met on Tuesday, April 19. Here are highlights from that meeting.
· Travis reported we are at approximately a $9,000 shortfall up through the month of March. We are still on track to finish the year in the black as budgeted.
· During the Administrator’s report, Mrs. Eichman reported that the KCA play will be May 6,7,8, location TBA. Ms. Dottie Buckley from BJU Press will be here during the staff meeting on 4/26 to discuss curriculum. Field Day will take place on May 10.
· Barb has composed the letter and has the survey concerning possible purchase of Southside ready to send out to parents. Kelly and Jesse will plan to bring financial information, including predicted costs and how it compares to what we currently pay, to the next board meeting.
· Kelly will be finishing her term in June. Those interested in serving on the board should send a letter to Michael Auer, KCA Board President.
· Barbara and Mary have been working on the by-laws, including recommendations from the attorney and information provided by ACSI. They hope to have a draft by next month.
· Mrs. Eichman reported that our current policy for driver’s insurance requirement isn’t feasible based on the level of insurance that people carry. A motion was passed to temporarily exclude the statement of insurance amounts until we can fully research what the policy should include. Drivers would still need to provide proof of insurance.
The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, May 17.
| || |
These were the best pictures to add so quickly to the Saint Weekly, there is one group missing. Please see a listing of top winners below.
Science Fair Top Winners
3rd-4th 1st-Gracie Davis (4th), 2nd-Willow Spurling (3rd), 3rd-Sophie Geppert (3rd)
5th-6th 1st-Jayna Davison (5th), 2nd-Caleb Pezold (5th), 3rd-Sophie White (5th)
7th-8th 1st-Landon Wright (7th), 2nd-Parker Smiley (8th), 3rd-Kayanna Gaines (7th)
Congratulations to ALL of our Saints who worked hard on their Science Fair projects, each Saint should be proud!
- 4/28-- Chapel at 8:15am with Kindergarten presenting
- 4/28-- MS Track at South Callaway, 4pm
- 4/29-- HS Track at South Callaway, 4pm
- 5/2-5/5-- Staff Appreciation Week
- 5/4-- KCA Fun Run
- 5/5-- Spring Concert & Glory of MO Awards, 6pm, Union Hill Baptist
- 5/10-- Field Day, 1pm
- 5/11-- Last day, 8am to 12noon (no lunch served)
Items to keep you in the Know
- Information was sent home with students about our 4CE (Force Day) on May 4th. It has details about this FUN Fundraiser.
- Needs are still in NEED for Staff Appreciation. Please see email sent earlier this week and reply to Mrs. Eichman at: email@example.com
- Needs for the Field Day are: 10 more volunteers, 3 inflatable beach balls, 6 dozen eggs, 2 large car wash sponges. Please contact Amy Hughey at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don't forget the Spring Concert and Glory of Missouri Awards (PK-8th) will be held at Union Hill Baptist Church, Holts Summit on Thursday, May 5th starting at 6pm.