Second Grade Newsletter
Mrs. Barita, Mrs. Carrasco, Mrs. Kulesza
*Monday, April 25th will be "Day 1 " for Encore*
Lifework-Week of April 25-29, 2016
- Monday: Read & log your First Americans study guide-test Friday, Math paper
- Tuesday: Read & log, Spelling-Rainbow Style-3 colors
- Wednesday: Read & log, Spelling-ABC order
- Thursday: Read & log, Spelling-Write each word 3 times-test tomorrow
- Weekend: Read & log
Our current unit in social studies is First Americans. Key Concepts:
- Powhatan, Lakota, Pueblo-compare and contrast lives and contributions
- Locating regions (Eastern Woodlands, Plains, Southwest) on a map
- Understand relationship between environment and culture
*The First Americans test will be on Friday, April 29th. A study guide is being sent home on Friday, April 22nd
Our next unit in math will be Unit 9 Number Sense and Computation-Part 5. Key concepts:
- Create and solve story problems
- Addition and subtraction of 2-digit numbers (with regrouping)
- Estimating sums and differences
- Count and compare a collection of coins (up to $2.00)
Picture Day is May 3rd
Individual portraits will be taken the same day (on an approval basis) and may be purchased upon receipt. They are not prepaid. Picture packages should arrive in 3 – 4 weeks.
Questions may be directed to Mrs. Lahann email@example.com.
Spelling Words-Test 4/29/16
Yearbooks are currently on sale online ONLY for $20.00. Visit www.ybpay.lifetouch.com and use the code: 10467416 to place an order. For an additional cost, you can choose to add upgrades to your child’s yearbook. If you are planning to add upgrades, orders must be submitted by Sunday, April 24th. Please contact Mrs. Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
*Additional Autograph Page $1.00
*Current Events Insert $3.00
*Yearbook Stickys (removable stickers) $2.00
*Gold Foil Name on Cover $5.00
- 4/23 - SPRING BEAUTIFICATION DAY
4/25 - ADVISORY COUNCIL MEETING @ 6PM
4/26 - REPORT CARDS SENT HOME
5/3 - SPRING PICTURE DAY
Poem of the Month for April
A Caterpillar Crawled
A caterpillar crawled
To the top of the tree.
“I think I’ll take a nap,” said he.
So under a leaf he began to creep
To spin his cocoon,
And he fell asleep.
All winter long he slept in his bed,
‘Til spring came along one day and said,
“Wake up, wake up, little sleepyhead,
Wake up, it’s time to get out of bed.”
So he opened his eyes that sunshiny day.
Lo! He was a butterfly and flew away.
Barita: Library, Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE
Carrasco: Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library
Kulesza: PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library, Music