#learnanywhere Top Takeaways
Google Smarty Pins
Answer as many questions before you run out of miles!
In search bar, enter timer amount
Tammy's Tang Tech Tips
Create Info Graphics with Google Drawings
Apps too cool not to try!
Reads and solves mathematical expressions by using the camera of your mobile device in real time.
Record with QuickTime
How to Record your iPhone or iPad screen with QuickTime
Record with QuickTime
K-1 iPads in the classroom
This presentation used chatterpix, educreations, poppet lite and pic collage. In the link they have some example projects for each subject and gave a primary and intermediate examples: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1L_9Z0_vgvu8-NyY75yRPJDq4UdsGDJ6PD2R7Ou8d4FU/mobilepresent?slide=id.p
This presentation focused on using QR codes and augmented reality in a pk-1 setting. A great way to practice using technology and improve hand eye coordination. Most of the ar apps are focused on animals.
See the Science See the Math
Math + Technology= Learning
Tammy Worcester Tang
Math Calculations Made Easy!
- Google as Conversion tool
Enter "3 feet in inches"
- Google as Dictionary
Enter "Define parallelogram"
- Google as Calculator
Enter 180 * 3 / 4 + 200 or something similar and Google will calculate it
- Get info about a number (try a really large one!)
- Solve math problems
Can be done in any presentation program
Students use drawing tools/shapes to create the "parts"; then print, cut, and assemble them.
Student Coding / Programming
Spreadsheet Formulas and Functions:
- Animal Guess My Number
- Magic Square
- Power of the Penny
- Ten Frame
Tammy's Favorite Math Websites:
- Math books and games
- Kakooma! Now multi-player
- Check out the new Word Problem Generator in the “Materials" section
Awesome "skill" sheet generator
My Script Calculator
PBS Lunch Rush Augmented Reality Game!
It's on the iPad, now what? SAMRTime K-5 Lessons and Resources
Creature Feature Research
Polar Bear Research
Penguin Palooza Literacy and Multimedia Festival
Adventures with Maybelle
Biography Research-Trading Card
Patricia Polacco Author Study
Animal Research-3rd Grade
Biography Research-Time Person of the Year
Edward Tulane-Theme Cubes
Book Club 2011-2012
Book Club Vokis 2011-2012
2011 Collin McKinney Digital Media Festival RJE's Winner Entry
A Line in the Sand-Time Capsule
Native Americans Project
Desk Blotters of Famous Texans
Labapalooza- 5th Grade Science Templates (google drive)
Leading Innovative Change #Tcea15couros
Driving Change, When will I have time for that?
"You don't pick up a pencil and say 'hey is there a pencil integration coordinator around to help me?' "
- Innovator's Midset- Challenge the system, ask WHY, make choices and think differently.
- It's not about technology, it's about relationships and learning!
- Make better use of your time. EXAMPLE If you write (respond) to each student in their journal, you are becoming more literate not your kids, THINK DIFFERENTLY, responding to their blog, then they get to write back and others get to see and now they are excited!
- Innovation is a HUMAN Endeavor not technology
- Decision Makers NEED to be where the actions is
- The further removed we are from the classroom, the more we lose touch with the impact of our decisions.
- Learning First, Technology Second
- Create meaningful experiences for staff. The JOB of a teacher/administrator IS TO UNLEASH peoples power, MAKE students/teachers self driven
- Tools come and go, but the the drive to learn stays the same!
- Teachers forget that learning is EXHAUSTING
- Stay FOCUSED Literate->Adaptive->Transform (SAMR) (Use tools so much it becomes natural and then go deeper)
- Students should be Interactive Producers not Isolated consumers
- When kids do work for a teacher they want it to be "good enough". When they do work for the world they want it be great!
- Identity Day- Explore what you love & share with the world, teachers too, kids love to learn about you