SCHS Music Notes
January 13, 2020
Happy New Year!
I hope that everyone had a wonderful time over break and is ready to take on 2020 (I know I am)! This year brings with it many more amazing opportunities for our young musicians. Be sure to stay up to date on upcoming events, because things only start to move faster from here on out!
Sage Creek Showcase (TOMORROW NIGHT)
I am offering community service to all students who volunteer. Students, if you're interested and available, please log in to your carlsbadusd.net and add your name to the sign up sheet below. So far we've only got orchestra students involved; I'd love to get some band students, instrumental music students, and students from our various clubs involved!
2020 Instrumental Music Competition
SCHS Hosting The District Orchestra Concert 1/27
Parent Volunteers Needed for District Orchestra Concert - Pizza Fundraiser
I would like some parents to purchase (reimbursements will be given) and pick up the food, and also some parents to help distribute food. This could be a lucrative and easy fundraiser.
Please, if you are interested in helping with this, send me an email and let me know.
Tuesday, Feb. 4th, 7-8pm
3900 Cannon Road
In Room 5003 (Music Room)
We will be discussing the following items:
- Festival of the Arts
- Chamber Orchestra Auditions
- Awards Banquet
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Amped: Music & Arts Throwdown
Festival of the Arts
Festival of the Arts Website & Performer All Call
Summer is Closer than you think!
Your Donations Are Important!
At this point, we have funds for sheet music, some minor repairs and not much else.
From your Donations, students will benefit from the following:
- Coaching (more individualized instruction on their instrument)
- Transportation and Fees for Music Festivals, Professional Performances, & Events
- Master Classes
- Instrument Purchases & Repairs
- Sheet Music Purchases
- Awards Banquets
- Fun Music Excursions & Experiences
Here's how you can help!
- Monetary Donation ($60 per trimester is recommended)
- Instrument or Equipment Donation
- Amazon Wishlist Item Donation
- Volunteering for Music Events (ticket sales, student supervision, concessions, etc.)
- Joining the Music Guild (survey linked below)
- Attending Parent Meetings (see Google Calendars)
- Creating a home environment that promotes practicing at home.
* You will likely need to "register" your account, as our ASB is using new software this year.