English Regents Exam (Common Core)
Mrs. Nichols' English Class
The exam date is Tuesday, June 14th with a noon start time so be sure to arrive with time to spare! You will be located in room 246 for this exam.
Bring with you: your brains, a pencil, and a pen (ballpoint is best).
All this week we have been completing practice Reading Comprehension passages. Last week, you reviewed the format of an Argument Task Response. The week prior we worked on Text Analysis Task Responses. Review your notes in your English binders, or you are welcome to use the following resources for additional practice:
Test Taking Strategies:
Preparing for testing begins before the day of the test:
- Get plenty of sleep the night before
- Set your alarms
- Have your materials ready
- Don't hit snooze!
- Eat a good breakfast
- Stay relaxed, but focused
- Bring water, and maybe a treat for yourself
During the exam:
- Take breaks as necessary
- Use the strategies we reviewed
- Don't rush! Read carefully and thoughtfully
- Use the scrap paper to plan your written work
- Ask questions about instructions if they are unclear
- Review all your work before you claim you're done
Sincerely, Mrs. Nichols
We have worked hard this year and I believe in all of you! You can do this!