- Full name: Mark Elliot Zuckerberg
- Birth: May 14, 1984 ( 30 years old)
- Computer Programmer, Philanthropist
- Education: Harvard University
- Co-founded the social-networking website Facebook
- One of the world's youngest billionaires
To keep up with Mark's burgeoning interest in computers, his parents hired a private computer tutor David Newman to come to his house once a week and work with him. When he studied at Phillips Exeter Academy, There he showed talent in fencing, becoming the captain of the school's team. While still in high school, he created an early version of the music software Pandora, which he called Synapse. He also excelled in literature, earning a diploma in classics.
The Rise of Facebook
- 1.39 billion active users (December 31, 2014)
- Employees: 9199
- Net worth: 34.8 billion USD (2015)
- In May 2013, Facebook made the Fortune 500 list for the first time—making Zuckerberg, at the age of 28, the youngest CEO on the list.
- He personally negotiated the company deal to buy Instragram the previous month.
- The creators of Harvard Connection claimed that Zuckerberg stole their idea, and insisted the software developer needed to pay for their business losses.
- He was the second of four children and the only son in the educated family.
- He wears the same gray Facebook T-shirt almost every day
- If you type @[4:0] in a Facebook comment window and hit enter, his name will appear.