Circle Middle School Feb 2019
Parent Teacher Conferences
StUdEnT LeD Conference IMPORTANT Information!!!
A signup genius has been emailed to schedule conferences. This will be per student. If you have multiple students at CMS you will be receiving one for each student. You will need to sign up for both. Each student will have their own conference and not as siblings. Each student has been working toward making their conference unique to them and we are excited to have this opportunity with them and with parents. Please email your students seminar teacher if you did not receive an email by Friday, Feb. 1st. Each conference is 30 minutes in length and will be held in the Black gym.
I would also like to remind you due to scheduling conferences and changing the manner in which conferences are held, the opportunity to speak to each individual teacher will not be an option. We have encouraged all teachers to reach out and have a conversation with parents that they would normally need to see at conferences. I would encourage you to do the same if there is a specific teacher that you feel you need to converse with. Mrs. Hughey & Mrs. Trier will have access to all teachers scheduled times in the front office. Instead of going to the teacher that appears to be open, please come to the office to check for unscheduled times. We can also relay the message to the specific teacher that you will need to visit with them either via email, phone message or set up another time.
Thank you in advance for participating with your student and our teachers in Student Led Conferences. We are pretty sure you will find these to be valuable and will learn something new about your amazing student!!!
See you all very soon for conferences!
If you have any questions, please call the office at 316-778-1470.
Monday, Feb. 18th from 9-7:30
Wednesday, Feb 20th from 5 - 7:30.
Each conference is 30 minutes in length.
Feb 4th- 5 & 6:15 pm Basketball Circle vs Winfield Boys Away; Girls Home
Feb 7th- 5 & 6:15 pm Basketball Circle vs Ark City Boys Home; Girls Away
Feb 11th- 5 & 6:15 pm Basketball Circle vs Haysville Boys Home; Girls Away
Feb 16th- 9 am Basketball League Quarter Finals and Semi Finals Boys/Girls Tournament Boys at Winfield; Girls at Circle
Feb 21st- 5 & 6 pm Basketball League Tournament Finals Boys at Winfield; Girls at Circle
Feb 25th 3:30 pm Basketball and Cheer Awards at CMS
Dates to Remember
Feb 13th- Class Group/Individual Spring Pictures
Feb 15th- NO SCHOOL Staff Development Day
Feb 18th- NO SCHOOL
Feb 18th- 9 am-7:30 pm CMS Parent/Teacher Conferences
Feb 20th- 5-7:30 pm Parent/Teacher Conferences
Feb 22nd- 7-7:45 am Muffins with Mom
Feb 26th 6:30 pm Site Council Mtg
Feb 26th- 7 pm Rachel's Challenge Parent's Mtg
Feb 27th- Rachel's Challenge for CMS Students
Feb 28th 7-9 pm STUCO Dance
Mar 1st- NO SCHOOL Staff Development
Mar 4th- Track Practice Begins
Mar 4th- 5:30 pm Track Parent Mtg
Mar 5th- 3:30 pm League Math Relays at Haysville
Mar 6th Instrumental Music Festival at Augusta
Mar 7th-8th NO SCHOOL
Mar 11th-15th NO SCHOOL SPRING BREAK
Order Your Yearbook!
From the Nurse
The flu virus is lurking around every school in the district, as well as the stomach bug, pink eye, strep throat, etc. 'Tis the season!
Please see the following recommendations for preventing the spread of illness in school:
- If you haven't already, get the seasonal flu vaccine! It's recommended for everyone 6 months of age and older unless they have a specific contraindication to the vaccine. As long as the flu virus is circulating, vaccination can still be done. It's not too late!
- Stay home from work when you are sick and keep kids home from school when they are sick. Everyone should be at home until at least 24 hours after a fever or signs of a fever (chills, feeling warm, flushed appearance, or sweating) disappear without the use of fever-reducing medicine (Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Aleve, etc.)
- COVER YOUR COUGH and SNEEZES! Use a tissue or a bent arm to cough or sneeze into. Do not cough or sneeze into your hands. Your hands touch things and spread illness. Dispose of tissues quickly and WASH YOUR HANDS or use hand sanitizer.
- Staff and students need to keep their hands away from their nose, mouth, and eyes.
- Routinely clean surfaces and objects that are touched often such as desks, countertops, doorknobs, computer keyboards, faucet handles, phones, and light switches. Use general cleaning products that you normally use. Standard practices with soap and water and/or Lysol, can help remove and kill flu viruses. They are fairly fragile.
It can't be said enough....Washing your hands properly is one of the most important ways that we can prevent getting sick and spreading germs to others. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol to clean your hands.
For more information on proper handwashing:
For information on cleaning and disinfecting schools:
For more information about what to do if you get sick:
Circle District Health Policy: