By: Anna Beck and Ashley Ochoa
Cajun Cuisine influences
- Leans toward the rustic and rural
- Wild game, pork, beef, and fresh sausages
Fish and Seafood dishes
- Shrimp, crab, and crayfish boils are a Louisiana Cajun tradition
- Can be found in Louisiana and the gulf south
- The Breaux bridge crayfish festival in Louisiana has been named one of the top ten food events by USA today
New Orleans Restaurants
- Popeyes Kitchen: home-style fast food, fried chicken, potatoes, etc.
- GW Fins: #1 of 1,558 restaurants in New Orleans. French and Seafood.
- Whataburger: fast food, popular in New Orleans. Famous for Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit, Patty Melt and their Spicy Ketchup.
- Population : 4.6 Million
- Capital : Baton Rouge
- Tourist Attractions : French Quarter, Mardi Gras
- Geography : On the Gulf of Mexico
- History : Became a state in April 30th, 1812.