CRUSADER NEWS THAT YOU CAN USE....
January 28, 2019
This Week's Recap....
We really want our parents to all be in partnership with us! Teachers can teach their best lessons and assign meaningful work for homework but they cannot make them do it. They can prepare students for tests but they cannot force them to go home and STUDY.
Students have had to study to be successful for as long as organized school has existed. Some students are not studying. They come to school, go through the motions and maybe even work on homework. But, the piece of the puzzle called studying seems to be lacking. As a parent myself, I recall quizzing my kids on their spelling words, memory verse, vocabulary words, social studies and science facts, etc. This has to happen at home not at school.
Please be aware of what your child is doing in school, what assignments are coming up and what they should be studying for. Be actively involved. Some students need more support and encouragement (and even prodding) from home than others. If your child is one of them, please give (or get) your child the support that he/she needs as we begin the 2nd half of the school year. Check Renweb to see your child's grades.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR GALA FUNDRAISER! IT IS FOR ALL OF OUR CHILDREN! WE NEED A NEW BUS!
Please read all of the information below carefully.
Have a great week,
HOLY CROSS GALA FUNDRAISER
This year, all proceeds of the Gala will benefit all of the children because it is going into our NEW BUS FUND!! I'm sure that we can all agree that we need a new bus.
We need for all of our school family to support this and do their part to help. Here is how you can help:
1. COME TO THE EVENT! There is a link included to the digital EVITE for this event. The cost is $100 per ticket. There are 12 seats at each table so get together your group of friends and family. You will enjoy a lovely meal, cash bar, music and dancing, silent auction, raffle and 50-50. This is for YOUR children and we need our parents to support this and have a great time.
2. Each class is responsible for a themed basket for the SILENT AUCTION. Teachers will be reaching out to you for donations of money or materials for the basket. Please do your part.
3. If you have a business or know someone who does, donate an item or a service for the silent auction or raffle. The skies the limit to what can be auctioned off including gift certificates for services and restaurants, household, beauty and jewelry items, etc.
4. Sponsor a teacher to be able to attend the Gala at no cost. You don't have to pay for the entire ticket at $100 if you cannot afford to, but if you would like to help your child's teacher attend, make a donation of any amount and indicate who you would like the credit to be for. Several parents can get together to pay for the teacher(s).
5. If you have a business or organization or work for a business or organization, you can either purchase a table or sponsor a table. Your company will be featured in our professionally printed program and will be prominently displayed on the table. All donations are tax deductible. We also are looking for an organization to sponsor our Happy Hour.
100th day of School!
Students may dress as a 100 year old lady or gentleman or may wear 100 of any item to school on clothing. Students who participate may dress down accordingly. Students who do not must wear regular uniform clothing.
4th thru 8th Grade Dance Deadline is TOMORROW MORNING!
Tomorrow MORNING is the deadline. We will announce to the students on Wednesday if the dance is on or off. Payments will be returned to those who paid if the dance is cancelled.
Background check authorization
IMPORTANT ELEMENTARY TRACK NOTICE
MAP TESTING IS STILL GOING ON
SATURDAY DETENTION IS HERE
At this point of the year, we should not have to be addressing the same behaviors over and over with the same students, but yet we find that we are doing that.
Classroom consequences, after-school detentions, conversations with parents, etc. may not be working for some students. Perhaps the behavioral issues are not serious enough individually to warrant a suspension out of school or even an expulsion. Yet, they are disrupting to the educational process and therefore must be dealt with or it will get to that point.
That being said, we will now be scheduling Saturday detentions in appropriate situations - a serious offense or on-going chronic issues and disruptions.
If your child is scheduled for Saturday detention, they must be here from 9AM until Noon on Saturday dressed in PE clothing. There is a $20 fee that is payable to whomever is proctoring the Saturday detention. This is clearly outlined in our handbook. If your child has a bank account, piggy bank, birthday or holiday money, etc., my suggestion would be for you to have the fee paid out of that.
Parents, please speak with your students about this.
What's Coming Up?
Friday, February 1: 100th day of school
Friday, February 1: 4th-8th Grade Dance (tentative if there are enough paid tickets)
Monday, February 4th: 4th thru 8th Grade Spelling Bee
Tuesday, February 5: PTL meeting and social hour 6PM
Tuesday, February 12: 1st thru 3rd grade spelling bee
Saturday, February 9: Holy Cross Youth Group Rummage Sale 8AM-2PM. You can come and shop or you can purchase a table and sell your own items. The cost for a table is $25. See Mrs. Noel if interested.
Friday, February 15: Early Release
Monday, February 18: No School, President's Day
Friday, March 1: No School, No OOS, Holy Cross Fundraising Gala
(VPK Parents - a 3 hour class from 8:30AM to 11:30AM only is available to your students only. All students must be picked up by 11:30AM. There is no breakfast, lunch or OOS. )
Sports Schedule This Week
Girls BB - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Tournament on Friday
Boys and JV - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Join our church family or just come and worship!
Worship is 10:30AM every Sunday. We have an education hour for all ages from 9:15AM to 10:15AM which includes Sunday school for younger children and bible study for older Youth and Adults.
January Lunch Menu
How to Contact Us:
650 NE 135th St.
North Miami, Fl. 33161
School 305 893 0851
Church 305 893 0371
Sherri Mackey firstname.lastname@example.org
Marluys Sejba email@example.com
Natalia Escobar firstname.lastname@example.org
Soraya Trujillo email@example.com
Roslyn Noel firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisette Rogers email@example.com
Marie Innocent firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook: