By: Ryan Picollo
- He had always loved baseball as a kid.
- When he was around 3-4 he moved to Belton, Missouri.
- He moved back to Eureka and grew up there.
- As a kid him and his friends built a whiffle ball field in his backyard.
- He was never scouted in High School.
- He gave up on baseball for a little, but his High School coach encouraged him to go to a showcase.
- He was seen there and was offered a chance to go to college at Olivet Nazarene University to play baseball.
- He played infield at college.
- His senoir year he transferred to Dallas Baptist University, where he was drafted out of.
- He was drafted by the Houston Astros in 2004
- He was traded to the Tampa Bay Rays on July 12, 2006
- He made his MLB debut on July 12, 2006
- He was an All-Star in 2009, and 2013
- He got his 1,000th career hit on September 10, 2014
- Before the 2015 season, he was traded to the Oakland A's
- On April 25, 2015 he tore his medial meniscus, removing him from play for 4-6 weeks
- On July 28, 2015 he was traded to the Kansas City Royals
- Ben resides in Nashville, Tennessee
- He is married to a Christian singer, Julianna Zobrist
- He has two, a son named Zion Benjamin (born February 1, 2009), and a daughter named Kruse Allegra (born September 19, 2011)