Husky Headlines DHE Family Edition
Car Line Thank You's
Thank you for not being on your phone and paying attention to keep everyone safe!
Thank you for crossing only through the crosswalk!
Thank you for parking and walking to pick up if your child need help loading and fastening themselves!
Thank you for being safe and efficient!
Mr. Holt's Notes
There is not much that we do as educators and parents of elementary students that has higher importance than getting kids excited about reading. It is an investment that pays huge dividends, with students who read 15 minutes per day performing better academically than 90% of their peers. On the other hand, those who read 5 minutes per day perform better than 50% of their peers and students who read just 1 minute per day perform better than only 10% of their peers. Thanks for partnering to get our community reading!
Mr. Holt's Book Pick of the Week:
Biblioburro: A True Story from Colombia ( Jeanette Winter)
What is the library came to your neighborhood on the back of a donkey? This is the true story of a Colombian school-teacher's traveling library that brought books to children in remote villages.
- Please signup for directory through PTA- This is the only way you will be able to contact other families. The school can not share any contact information. (Password- 2019)
- Visit the DHE/PTA website here.
Please Join our PTA!
Recognizing DHE Teachers and Staff:
- One of the great things we do here at DHE is celebrate teachers and staff. If you would like to have your child’s teacher or someone else be recognized, please click HERE to do that.
Future Chief Night - Friday, September 13th
Below is the information that can be passed on to coaches, sponsors, directors, parents and students about our “Future Chief Night” scheduled for Friday, September 13th. Look forward to seeing your kids at KHS.
- Starts at 7:00
- National Anthem will be performed at approximately 6:45
- Once the performance is done we invite all students to run through the Tee Pee and onto the field (approximately 6:50). They will meet back up with parents on the South End of the Field by the Tee Pee.
- Parking will be a mess. Get here early!!
- Seating will be limited as we expect a Big crowd. Parents are encouraged to bring lawn chairs to sit in the south end zone and along the track.
- Pray for good weather. Any lightning will cause potential delays. Rain only will not impact the game.
- All students in uniform or school shirts will get in free. Parents are also allowed in free of charge. (notify gate workers)
- Meet at Kickapoo by 6:00 to organize
- Meet in the band room.
- Use the EAST doors of the school to enter. Band room is right next door.
- Arrive between 6:15 and 6:30
- Meet Mr. Cornelius and your director at the north end of the football field near the scoreboard
- Wear your uniforms
- Meet near the Tee Pee on the south end of track
- We will run through the Tee Pee at approximately 6:50
We look forward to a great night. If you have questions please feel free to email me.
Sign Up for Elite Feet
ELITE FEET RUNNING CLUB with Mr. Zimmerman
Attention parents, Mr. Zimmerman would enjoy having your child join the Elite Feet Running Club team at Harrison. We meet from 3-4pm behind school. Practice for 3-4th grade is Mondays beginning Aug 26th and K-2nd grade is Thursdays beginning Sept 12th. Everyone enrolled in the program is automatically signed up for the Basspro Zombie Run. You do not have to be enrolled in after school SPARC to join the team. Mr. Zimmerman accepts late registrations. So don’t fret over the deadline. Talk to your child about joining Running Club today!