A Window Into Challenge
A look into Classical Conversations Challenge Programs
Homeschool Through High School: You can do it...we can help!
Our Challenge programs are for students from the age of 12 through high school graduation. We offer rigorous academics, leadership from trustworthy mentors, and positive peer relationships. Students find they learn more than they ever thought possible when they are challenged and encouraged by their tutors and peers. We believe that the intent of education is to teach a child how to learn. Our Challenge programs are designed to cultivate wisdom and virtue through classical, Christian community, in order to know God and to make Him known.
What makes us different? Integrated Ideas and Personal Relationships
We believe subjects cannot be taught in isolation. In higher learning, math finds its application in science; similarly literature analysis cannot be separated from philosophy, theology, or history. Our Challenge tutors lead students through seminars with a two-fold purpose: first to develop a strong personal relationship with the student, that can lead them to a close personal relationship with their Savior; second to lead the integration of ideas, skills, and concepts.
- a structured academic program that supports YOU as the teacher for your child
- engaging instruction and conversation for a full spectrum of academics including government, literature, sciences, philosophy, theology, logic and languages
- the opportunity to develop skills of oral and written communication, research, memorization, debate and critical thinking
- an education that can prepare a student for whatever it is God has set in their hearts
- mentors for student and parents
- fellowship with other middle and high school students
- growing opportunities for dual enrollment in classes of math, theology and history
- study abroad opportunities in Italy
- student retreats on a national level
- local opportunities for service projects and field trips
Window into Challenge
Saturday, March 12th, 9:30am
11659 1st Avenue South
This event is for all parents - regardless of the age of your student. Taking a peek into Challenge in the early years will give you confidence during Foundations, and a goal to work towards. If your students are already in Challenge, please come and catch the vision for the next few years!
If your children are enrolled in Classical Conversations at the Foundations or Essentials level, you may be wondering how all of this memory work will really help them in high school, and prepare them for college. What about science labs and advanced math? Will Challenge fully prepare them for tough college-entry exams? Or maybe you are worried that the Foundations and Essentials programs are not enough - Challenge sounds really hard! Will a regular mom and dad be capable of teaching the advanced subjects at home?
If your students are NOT enrolled with a CC community, this event will give you the tools you need to understand our educational model, and whether it would be a good fit for your family.
This is a regional event - please feel free to drive here from far and wide, and take your experience home to your community!
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Classical Conversations of Burien, WA
Lynette Chang, Director Foundations/Essentials