Rocket Family Weekly Update - Week of September 28-October 2
Weekly Note From Mrs. Clement:
Dear Rocket Families,
I hope this finds you all doing well and enjoying a beautiful Sunday evening!
As you know, our elementary schools will begin operating under Plan A on Monday, October 12. Thanks to all of you who completed the district change form and/or called the school to note any changes in the learning platform for your student(s). Before Plan A was announced, 65% of students at RES were hybrid and 35% were remote. At the close of business on Friday, the numbers shifted to 78% (face-to-face Monday-Friday) and 22% remote.
As I communicated to you last week with the announcement of Plan A - adjustments to current class/teacher assignments for both face-to-face and remote learners may be necessary. I thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we work this week to rework our master schedule, individual class schedules, class sizes, class demographics, bus schedules, etc. Every effort will be made to minimize changes, however, some will simply be unavoidable. All families involved in any changes will be notified directly from the school. It is our hope that we will be able to communicate updated information/changes by the end of the week or the very beginning of next week.
A few updates/reminders:
1. The 1st 6 weeks grading period ended last Friday, September 25.
- Report cards will be given to Hybrid Group B students this Friday, October 2.
- Reports cards will be given to Hybrid Group A students next Monday, October 5.
- Report cards will be included in learning packets for Remote students in Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd Grade on Monday, October 5.
- Report cards for Remote students in grades 3-5 will be mailed home on Monday, October 5.
2. Friday, October 9 will be a REQUIRED TEACHER WORKDAY FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHERS ONLY and a REMOTE Learning Day for ALL elementary students. Final preparations will be made for the return of face-to-face students the following Monday, October 12.
Please park in our parking lot or drive and wait in the car line to drop off Pre-K students each morning. Our carline drive is for one-way traffic only. Please remember to never pass another vehicle in carline.
1. Hybrid learners are reminded to bring a fully charged iPad each day along with the charger.
2. If you WANT your child or children to receive Take-Home meals for the days of remote/independent learning please use this link to sign up.
3. ALL morning bus riders must have signed attestation forms. Copies can be found at this link if needed.
4. Our carline drive is for one-way traffic only. Please remember to never pass another vehicle in carline.
1. Learning Packets for students in Kindergarten, 1st Grade, and 2nd Grade will be available tomorrow beginning at 8:00 AM. Bins will be left out after-hours to accommodate all schedules.
2. If you are participating in the Take-Home meals offered at R-S Central on Wednesdays, please ensure you have completed the form found at this link.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any questions or concerns. I THANK YOU for your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate our way through uncharted territory! I'm incredibly grateful for our school community.
Have a great week!