AMMS Lions Roar
"Recognize the Roar"
Monday, September 21, 2020
Mr. Trey Martin, Principal
Dr. Mimi Gamel, 7th Grade Assistant Principal
Ms. Laurie Chans, 6th Grade Assistant Principal
PHASE III BEGINS TODAY, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21ST
Phase III starts next week. During this Phase, students may attend school face-to-face one day per week according to their last name. This Phase is OPTIONAL. Please adhere to the following days:
- September 21 and every Monday in Phase III – (Group 1) A-E
- September 22 and every Tuesday in Phase III – (Group 2) F-K
- September 23 and every Wednesday in Phase III – No students at AMMS. Universal Remote Learning for all.
- September 24 and every Thursday in Phase III – (Group 3) L-P
- September 25 and every Friday in Phase III – (Group 4) Q-Z
Uniform Grading Practices
The Board has approved the following changes to establish more uniform grading practices across our district during URL.
Starting today, the following changes will be in effect moving forward for every school while in URL:
- Quizzes are to be considered summative assessments and can be given and counted
- Students will have one (1) attempt to redo/retake
- Students will be eligible for a redo/retake who achieve less than eighty (80) .. <80
- Students will be eligible to earn a replacement grade on a redo/retake with a grade less than a ninety (90) .. <90
- Student redo/retakes must be completed 10 school days prior to the end of the semester
AMMS Clubs and After School Enrichment Programs
Any student interested in joining or trying out for a club or after school enrichment program, should check the Autrey Mill website (under Activities) for a list of clubs offered, a brief description, meeting dates, time and virtual or room location.
Most clubs will start in September unless otherwise noted.
Any questions, please contact the club sponsor.
Join The PTA!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON ATTENDANCE
All notes should include the following:
- First name
- Last Name
- Date(s) and period(s) they are out
- Grade level
Please also include a Dr. Note whenever possible. These can be scanned or emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 470-254-7630.
Attendance will be adjusted within 24 to 48 hours.
Innovation Academy for Rising 9th and 10th Graders
Fulton County Schools is excited to announce the opening of Innovation Academy for rising 9th and 10th graders in the fall of 2021.
Innovation Academy is a STEM magnet high school for students interested in STEM-related fields. Our students will focus on project-based learning experiences that will help them become critical thinkers and creative problem-solvers.
Applications open October 15 and close on December 15. Innovation Academy will host two virtual information sessions at 6 p.m. on September 29th and October 13th. For more information, please visit our website, www.fultonschools.org/ia.
Student Library Advisory Board
Student Library Advisory Board – Applications Due by September 25th
Do you want to make a difference and offer your voice in the library and in our school community? We will meet monthly to plan library programs, our library renovation, and purchasing new books/resources. The AMMS Student Library Advisory Board's goal is to promote library services for our students by:
*advising, planning, and implementing library programs
*creating book reviews for the library newsletter, website, or LNN
*promoting ideas, reading, programming, and expression by and for your classmates by creating bulletin boards and/or displays
*recommending books, ebooks, and audiobooks for the library collection
*creating an inviting, positive learning environment in the library
Why should you join our student advisory board?
* having a say in materials and programs for teens
* opportunity to be creative and expressive through art and imaginative activities
* personal satisfaction in serving your community and peers
* something creative and fun to do
* community service looks good on college applications and job applications
Students must apply to be considered and will be accepted based on the application and teacher recommendations. This club is open to all 6th – 8th graders. Application link:
6th Grade Laurie Chans, Chansl@fultonschools.org
7th Grade Dr. Mimi Gamel, firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Grade Anita Erickson, email@example.com