Welcome Back Bobcats!
Please read the information in this newsletter carefully as there are some time-bound items that need to be taken care of prior to your student starting school.
If you have questions, please call the office at (925) 672-0898.
Incoming 6th and New Students-Residency Verification
This is important in ensuring that we have accurate records for enrollment.
We ask that you scan and send by email your documents for residency verification to Karen Gunter, Office Manager at email@example.com. If you would rather do this in person, please top by the office during business hours between 8 and 3.
Please include your students name and birthdate in the email and only send the documents that are in the categories below. In order for your student to receive their schedule for the 2022-2023 school year, address verification must be done before Monday, August 1, 2022.
Residency Verification is required for all incoming 6th grade students and 7th and 8th grade students that are new to Diablo View Middle School.
Verification by items from both categories below are required:
- Current picture ID of parent/guardian: driver’s license, state issued ID, passport, consulate issued picture ID, voter credential, or military ID.
- Two of the following:
- current valid vehicle registration
- State or Federal tax return filed within the last 12 months with W-2 form(s) attached. Business returns DO NOT meet residency requirements
- current voter registration receipt
- other forms of identification or communication from a government agency
- property tax bill with parent name and property address indicating home owner's exemption
- lease/rental agreement (including property address, names of occupants, name and phone number of owner/manager)
- payroll stubs or payroll check with current address
All documents submitted must be originals not copies.
Utility (PG&E, water, etc.) P.O. Box, telephone bills, or deeds are NOT VALID residency verification documents and WILL NOT be accepted.
If you have any questions regarding address verification, please email Karen Rush at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your time and attention in this important matter.
Save the Date(s):
- 8th Grade Walk-Thru 8:30-10am
- Camp Diablo View (6th Grade Only: 10 - 11:45 am)
- New 6th Grade Parents 10-11am
- 7th Grade: 12:15- 2:00 pm)
August 11, 2022: First Day of School (Warning Bell at 8:30, School Starts at 8:35 am)
School will release at 1:43 on the first two days of school August 11 and 12.
August 17, 2022: Back to School Night (live) 6 PM-7:36 PM
Camp Diablo View and Textbook Pick Up/Picture Day
There will also be a parent meeting for our new 6th grade parents from 10:00-11:00 a.m. in the Multi-Use Room. This will be an opportunity to meet administration, learn about ways to get involved and get any pressing questions answered prior to the start of school.
For returning 7th and 8th grade students, this is NOT a drop-off event. Similar to previous years, parents will drop off students at the front drop off then immediately proceed to the Marsh Creek Lot to pick up their students afterwards. (Exit front lot, turn left on Marsh Creek, Make a U-Turn at Regency and then turn right into the Marsh Creek Lot where your teen should be waiting.)
When your student arrives, they will walk to their respective wing (7th graders go to the 700 wing and 8th graders go to the 800 wing) where they will have their picture taken and pick up their text books. In the bag with their textbooks will be your teen's schedule and supply list. Please note that our system will not let us schedule your student until your information is verified in our Aeries (Homelink). If you haven't verified your data/info in Aeries please do so now.
All parents need to log into the Parent Portal to verify their student data
ALL parents need to do the below Aeries Parent Portal update.
If you do not have your HomeLink/Parent Portal verification ID for signing up, please contact our office directly for sign-up information.
Once again we will be using the Aeries Parent Portal to update student information online. All parents should go HERE and complete the steps below ASAP. It must be done prior to the first day of school.
Even if your information has not changed you must do this.
- Login with your email address. If you’ve forgotten your password (or never received it) simply click the “Forgot Password?” link on the login screen and it will be sent to your email. Nobody at the District or at DVMS would know your password so we would not be able to help with this.
- Please note: If your email address has changed or is incorrect, please call our office at (925) 672-0898.
- After logging in, you will see a message stating “You have not yet completed the Student Data Confirmation Process, Click Here to confirm…” Click the link.
- Verify the registration information on each of the tabs. Please note: You must click on each tab (Family Information, Student, Contacts, Medical Information, etc.) and confirm or correct all the data before you can complete the process.
- Click “Submit Final Confirmation” on the “Final Data Confirmation” tab.
If you have more than one student enrolled in the district, it will be necessary to complete this process for all other students by going to the “Change Student” option on the top left and clicking the link for the next student. Repeat the steps above for each student.
Thank you again for completing this important information.
Supply Lists and Schedules
Click here for all of the latest information about MDUSD straight from the Superintendent!