Week of October 14-18, 2019 at Walter Turnbow Elementary
Dear Turnbow Families,
Fall is in the air! The weather went from hot to cold pretty quickly this week! If you sent your child to school with a jacket or a coat and they didn't make it home with it, please have them check our Lost and Found in the cafeteria. Parents are welcome to come up and look through the collection as well! We want your child to have their belongings!
October is a very busy month! Be sure to check your child's backpack each night for important information from your child's teacher as well as for any homework they may have! Our first report cards of the year will go home next Tuesday in folders! Please look over the report card, then sign and return the envelope to your child's teacher. If you have any questions about their performance, don't hesitate to reach out to your child's teacher either by a phone call or an email. We are happy to answer any questions you may have!!!
Thank you again to everyone that participated in our Cherrydale Fundraiser this year!!! You helped our PTA raise $4,000 for our school! We appreciate your support so much! The orders have been placed and the items will be delivered to our school in a few weeks. I will let you know exactly what date they will arrive so you can be prepared to come to the school to pick up your child's order. We don't send items home on the school bus. Parents will have to come sign for the items. Thank you again so so much for your participation in our fundraiser!
Be sure to keep reading below about all of the upcoming events during the month of October!
I hope you all have a restful weekend and enjoy this pretty weather as a family!
~Mrs. Ferguson, Principal
LUNCH MENU this week
OCTOBER DATES TO KNOW:
- October 16 - FIELD TRIP: Kindergarten to Farmland Adventures 10:45 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.
- October 17 - FIELD TRIP: 1st Grade to Gentry Safari 8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Fall Break - No School - October 18th and October 21st
- October 22- Mrs. Bunyard and Mrs. LaMendola's classes to KNWA Studio
- October 24- Mrs. Partin and Mrs. Hester's classes to KNWA Studio
- October 24 - World Fest 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- October 25- Deadline for Fire Safety Evacuation Plans to the school office
- October 28 - November 1st Red Ribbon Week Spirit Days (see flyer below for details)
- October 28- School Landscaping Work Event 5:00-7:00pm - anyone is welcome to come help spruce up our flowerbeds with us so our school looks spectacular!
- October 31- Fall Class Parties
1st Graders Celebrating Books!
They are readers!!! Let them practice reading to you each night! We celebrate our books at school and hope you are enjoying great stories at home as well!
Our students practiced tornado safety this week!
They know what to do in case there is an emergency!
SPRINGDALE PUBLIC SCHOOLS has an APP for your smartphone!
Check out the video below. If it goes too fast, just hit pause so you can follow all of the steps.