West Johnston West J Rocks!
West J Rocks!! May 13, 2022
ROTC Ends the Year with Afternoon Celebration
CTE teacher Fran Clark was recognized as the JCPS Business Teacher of the Year. Mrs. Clark is a leader of school, county, and state professional development.
Cast members and staff of WJHS’s Matilda production attended the 2022 Rising Star Awards with our production named in 5 categories!
Eric and Melinda Honeycutt were honored at the FFA dinner and banquet for their years of service and leadership at West Johnston. Pictured with current President Riley Wood and newly installed FFA President Ava Wood.
Please share your celeberation photos by tagging West Johnston's social media accounts on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Wildcat Class of 2022 Takes on Busch Gardens
Are You Visiting Our WJHS Website?
Exams Are Coming!
JCPS Calendar Approved for 2022-2023
What's Happening in Wildcat Country
This email account is monitored throughout the day to help you reach us for your attendance needs.
Connect Ed: Friday, May 13
Good afternoon, Wildcats!
We are in the short rows as we advance toward the end of the year.
- Monday our seniors who came through McGee’s and Dixon Road Elementary School will participate in a grad walk. Monday night our soccer team travels to Swansboro for the first round of the state playoffs.
- Tuesday we will celebrate underclassman awards with juniors and seniors at 9 am and freshman and sophomores at 1 pm. Teachers are making contact with parents if your child is being recognized at one of these assemblies. Tuesday night at 6:30 pm we will celebrate seniors being recognized for graduation honors. If you have questions about this event, please contact your child’s counselor.
- Wednesday we will have our final meeting for 3rd Wednesday Clubs.
- Thursday there is a band concert in the auditorium at 7 pm.
- Friday, our top 20 academic seniors will be treated to lunch by Benson Chamber of Commerce. There is an alumni chorus concert in the auditorium at 7 pm and the seniors will gather together on the football field for their senior sunset at 7:30 pm.
- Saturday the band has their chicken fundraiser starting at 9 am in the school’s parking lot.
Parents of spring student-athletes should save the date of May 23 at 6 pm for our spring athletic awards ceremony. If you have questions, please contact your child’s coach. Congratulations to our softball team who made it to the second round of the state playoffs. It was an exciting game that came to down to a single run in the 8th inning. Great job, ladies.
Finally, please help your students get to school on time. We are seeing a greater number of student drivers and carpool students coming onto campus late and tardy to class. Our first bell rings at 7:15 am and students are expected to be in class by that time each day.
We hope you have a great weekend. Good night.