Should they be banned in schools?
75% of U.S. teens own cell phones, so they are almost bound to end up in school. Some people believe that cell phones are just distractions. However, they can be a very helpful tool in the classroom.
Help Improve Relationships With Students And Teachers
Students can easily ask their teachers questions using text messaging services.
- Teachers often find themselves running up against unimaginative educational and related policies.
- If they are struggling, they can get more help by using text messaging services or email.
Students use them for learning sources
- 42% of the time cellphones are being used to look up information in class.
- 38% of the time they are being used for taking pictures or recordings for assignments.
- 18% of the time they're being used to upload school-related content to the internet.