VTSD Tech News
End of Year June Edition
A Note from the Tech Guy
The following info is just a look forward as we start prepping for our summer projects and prepare for the fall!
SUMMER ACADEMY WEEK
Looking for summer PD for tech? We are planning our third annual Academy Week - a week of technology workshops in the Summer - put it on your calendar now and sign up in MLP!
- CYBER MONDAY - July 13th Learn from your laptop at home with these online workshops!
- TECH CAMP TUESDAY - July 14th A conference day - this year dedicated to all things assistive tech and universal design. This year's keynote speaker is an A.T. specialist named Mike Marotta (@mmatp). The day includes breakfast, lunch, prizes, and some great workshops! We will also have guests from around the county attending! For more about our day go to: vtsd.com/techcamp
- WORKSHOP WEDNESDAY - July 15th Come in for some make-and-take workshops throughout the rest of the week!
- TECH TOOLS THURSDAY - July 16th Another day of on site workshops!
- FLIPPED FRIDAY - July 17th More online workshops from home!
Sign up now on MyLearningPlan.com
Learning Management System Update
I will have more information about summer training opportunities but I wanted to share where we are at right now. If you have information stored in MBC that you would like to export, thye made a tool that can export to your google drives (called a common cartridge format - a file type that will be easy to import into Schoology). For info on exporting data from MBC, click here now.
NEW VTSD Website
Coming soon - our new VTSD website should be live in July. We are not changing the layout too much but hoping for less clicks to get what you want!
Our new Chrome Lab at RH is all set (smart board on its way). CM, yours will be ready for the fall!
TV's are already up at LH and the HS - need an announcement posted? For now, ask the secretaries.
NEW VTSD Website
Summer Laptop Refresh - WR, RH, & CM
Champion Spotlight: Cheryl Turner
Quote of the Month...
- Will Richardson
DID YOU KNOW...
Don't want to enter a ticket yourself? You can still let your building secretary know and they will enter the helpdesk ticket for you!